The Spirit Fox #42

You end up in a coma after being stabbed by a Hydra agent. However, while under, you see a fire and the face of a red fox. Could this be your spirit guide guiding you to make your decision to go back home or go onto the afterlife? Wanda is your girlfriend while Natasha is your mother in this. 

Warnings - mentions of being stabbed, being in a coma. (Let me know if I missed anything). NOT PROOFREAD!

I feel my eyes slowly open expecting to wake up in a hospital room after being attacked by a Hydra agent. The last thing I remember was he stabbed me in the stomach so it's a miracle I'm alive anyway. At least, I think I'm alive. The reason for saying that is everything around me just seems so strange. Like I've gone through a portal and entered a new realm.

The place I am in is a forest, a strange forest. The trees are all red, white and blue. The sky is a mix of purple and pink. But that's not what catches my attention. No, for it is the fire in front of me. Seems someone made a large fire but there was no wood burning or anything to stop it from either spreading or dying out. However, the fire does neither. It remains burning in the same place which makes me wonder if this fire is magic. Curiously. I reach out to touch it for some stupid reason knowing I am most likely going to burn myself. Surprisingly, that never happened either. Here's what happened when I touched the fire.

The orangey red flames burst like an explosion and I wanted to back away but something inside kept telling me I was safe. So, I didn't move. And when the explosion was at the point of calming down, the face of a red fox appears in the burst of flames at the very top. "Y/n l/n. You have many things to consider before making a final decision!" The red fox's voice booms. "Who... who are you?" I ask slightly terrified. "Consider me your guide. Someone who will guide you through life's most important decisions." His voice booms once again. "Okay, so you're like my spirit guide?" I question unsure. "Yes, exactly y/n." "Here's my question. Where am I?" "This is your mind. Your body is in a coma after that Hydra agent stabbed you."

It took me a moment to realise what he just said. "I am in a coma? But what about Wanda? What about the rest of the team?" "This is where your life changing decision comes in. It is up to you if you want to go back or move on." "Move on? You mean the afterlife?" The red fox's head nods above the flames. "Why would I want to move onto the afterlife when my girlfriend is still there probably worried sick." I tell the spirit fox. "There are many benefits for you going back to your normal life but what about all the physical pain being an Avenger has brought upon you? All those enemies that want to destroy you? These are the smaller things to consider before making a final decision. Take your time to think about it and I will reappear when you have decided." And just like that the spirit fox fades into the fire and the partial explosion from before finally goes back to being a regular fire. Like when I first saw it.

Now, I have to consider all the pros and cons of returning to normal life. All I can think of are pros. Firstly, Wanda is my girlfriend and I remember us discussing all the things we wanted to do the first chance we get. Things normal couples do that is. Camping and going to the beach for example. Secondly, there's the rest of the team not to mention Natasha Romanoff aka my mother. She'll be worried sick too. Basically, all of the Avengers are my family. If I were to move on, I'd be alone with no familiar faces to turn too. Sure, there are cons of being part of the Avengers like enemies trying to destroy us at every turn which is basically what the spirit fox said but that's a natural part of life. I'd much rather face of enemies and having my family rather than being alone in the afterlife. Okay, I think I have made a decision.

As if on cue, the fire explodes and the spirit fox appears again. This time I wasn't scared of the explosion. "So, you have made your choice then y/n." "I have." "Well, then, all that's left to do is walk through the flames. That's the way home." "Thank you." I say to him and the spirit fox smiles. Then, a thought crosses my mind. "What if I need you again?" I ask. "Don't worry, I'm always close." I nod in response and take that as my cue to walk through the flames.

///

Once again, my eyes flutter open only this time I was inside a hospital, or rather, the med bay in the Avengers tower. Then, a blurred figure comes into view and I could tell by their shade of hair it was mother. "Mother?" I said groggily. My vision becomes less blurry after that. "Y/n! You're finally awake!" She says with a big smile and hugs me which hurts but I manage to hide that. "How long have I been out?" I question. "Nearly a month. We thought you weren't going to make it." I was about to respond when the door to the med bay opened. It was Wanda with an extremely happy expression on her face. "Y/N!" She yelled happily and ran over to me and kissed me.

Not long after Wanda entered, mother left the room probably to let me and Wanda catch up. "So, do you remember anything from being in the coma?" Wanda asks hesitantly. "I remember seeing a red fox above flames. That's about it." "So, it's true that you enter your mind when your body collapses." "I guess so." I answer. "Well, enough of that. How about, when you've fully recovered, we go to the beach and light a bonfire and roast s'mores?" A smile appears on my face as soon as she says that. For some reason, I feel like I suggested it recently. Or something very similar. "Definitely." I tell her and once again, she gently presses her lips against mine. Damn, I am glad I came back now. 

Ending this one here. Sorry for not updating for a while. I've been focusing on my Carmen Sandiego one shots and I've been busier in general. But will try to upload more often again. Anyways, if people want me to, I can write a second part based on Wanda's POV. Let me know what you think. Requests are still CLOSED! Don't forget to VOTE! :)