Your Wings Remind Me Of Autumn #26

You arrive back to the Avengers Compound with a new pair of wings. How will Wanda react? Will she accept them or leave you? You are also Wanda's girlfriend in this. 

I flew into the compound. I had not been here for a few months, reason being, I was sent on a mission but that didn't go quite as planned. I fell into a well that had some sort of magical power because almost right away, I grew wings and somehow managed to fly right out with no problem.

Once inside the compound, Natasha Romanoff was the first one I saw and to say I am nervous about my wings is an understatement. More like I am terrified. Though I don't know why I am, I mean they accept the Hulk! "Y/n, take it the mission didn't end well?" She questioned motioning to my wings. "That depends on how people treat me." "Well, I like them and I'm sure the others won't mind a change. And I know someone who will love them. Do they cause any pain?" Natasha was referring to my girlfriend, Wanda Maximoff aka the Scarlett Witch. "Only when they first grew in the well but now it feels almost natural." Natasha nods and says, "Well, your girls in her room. She finished training with me twenty minutes ago." I thank her and make my way to her room.

"Wanda?" I said knocking on her door and she opened it as if she knew I was already here. She didn't say anything but hugged me as tightly as she could. When she pulls away breaking the hug, she instantly notices my wings and I immediately tense. I was half expecting her to call me a freak and dump me there and then but she did no such thing.

Instead, she reaches out to touch them, I flinch a little not used to anyone doing that. She feels them and finally begins to speak. "I've never seen wings this beautiful before. Orange at the top fading into red halfway down reminds me of autumn." A sigh of relief escapes me. At least she likes them. "Do they cause pain?" Pretty much the same question Natasha asked me before and I give her the same honest response. "Only when they grew when I rose out of that magical well. Now they just feel natural." "So, you can fly I assume?" I nod my head in response. "I may not be able to fly for long with my powers but maybe as our first date in six months, we could fly a short distance and maybe take a picnic or something?" I grinned goofily and she knew I liked her idea. So, all we had to do was prepare the food and decide where to go that was nearby.

We packed a few goodies for the picnic. It was only 2 in the afternoon so we had plenty of time for this date. Anyway, we packed food such as cheese sandwiches since Wanda is vegetarian, a few chocolate bars, cheese rolls and let's not forget the champagne and glasses to go along with that. Hopefully they won't break. We also pack a blanket because we've decided to watch the sunset.

The place we decided on was the top of a hill near the compound. It is a perfect place to watch the sunsetting over New York. When we do get to the top, the first thing we do is lay out the blanket and sit on it. We then get out the food out of the picnic bag, champagne and the glasses which thankfully haven't broken. Cheese sandwiches are the first to be eaten, then the cheese rolls and then the chocolate bars. Wanda is the one to break out the champagne. "One glass now and one at sunset." She says which sounds awesome.

After we've eaten drank some of the champagne, I sit so my legs are flat out in front of me and both my hands are placed behind me. Wanda scootches over and cuddles into me. Without thinking, my wings immediately wrap around her, she doesn't seem to mind though. In fact, she seems too quite like that. We stay like this for a while. It is also winter which means the sun will be setting at roughly 4.30 so to pass the time, I tell her about my mission and defeating my enemy all the while she remains in the comfort of my wings.

Eventually the sun begins to set and we both watch all the colours mingling in the sky, from the oranges to the pinks to the yellows. Not even a cloud in sight and the moon is already beginning to show. A perfect way to end the day after a long and exhaustingly difficult mission. 

Ending this one here. I recently realised fanfics are a good way to branch out your writing before you start your own stories with your own characters. I have my own novella sized story waiting to be published! It has my own characters and even the world the story is set in I was able to create. Even if it did take a year. Hence my absence. However, I had to turn down a publisher because of the cost *cries*. Anyway, enough about me. What did you guys think of this one? Don't forget to vote and requests are open! :)