Part 15

Legolas P.O.V

I still feel alone. Depressed. Diminished. Nothing can heal the wound that she left open. 10 years since she fled and left my heart torn. It was when my betrothal to Aliyath was announced. Aliyath. Her time in this world was too short. After our betrothal ceremony Aliyath fixed my heart. I came to love her and all my feeling for Tauriel were replaced. 1 year, only a single year until we were to be bound forever.

Each day that passed we spent together, never leaving one anothers sides. Until Aliyath fell gravley ill. At the time we thought it was just a small infection she had caught. But it wasn't. Infact Aliyath's fate was... was devostating. In my state of distress, I insisted that everything and anything would have to be done to try and change Aliyath's fate.

The day before our wedding, when we could finally be together, I returned to her room. Only leaving due to my father demanding I eat something, for I had not left Aliyath's side since she fell ill. Returning I found her lifeless. She was so pale, so fragile, so.... dead.

I thought it was the end. I had lost the second person I had dared to love. Only for them to be taken away from me once more. From that day I decided I would never love again, in fear of having yet another deep wound left open to my heart.

I am alone. Not even my father can comfort me. I never leave my room, never to fight, never to lead the guard and do my duty. Aradon is a exceeding and brilliant Captain of the Guard anyway.

He is not as good as her.

"Be quiet you know nothing" I told myself. Loosing. Slowly I am loosing myself. I constantly talk to myself, well my conscience. Tauriel. She is all I ever think about. I constantly worry were she could be when her real place is right here.

Mirkwood.

As the Captain of the Guard.

With her King.

With her Prince.

With her love.

With me...