Part 1

I was suprised at myself as I walked silently down the corridor. Except for a few steps which was due to me wearing this ridiculous dress. Elves were always light on their feet. I was, just not when I am made to wear a dress which I do not like at all. My hard work was starting to pay of Filyana would be proud. Secretly she was just like me. Wanted to be a warrior, to fight. Nobody knew except me and she was the only one who knew about me to.

Me and my mother are the only ones left in our family. My dear father and sister were involved in an attack that me and my mother do not talk of. Devostating memories would come to light if we ever did. Filyana and I were incredibly close, she was my sister and a dear friend. Being Silvan elleths when we were younger was hard but me and Filyana had each other.

So now it is just me and mother, who is gravley ill which worries me. She is the only person I have left. That is were I am going now, to tend to her. I have no place here in Mirkwood. I help my mother occasionally but when I am not I am teaching myself.

Before Filyana died she would teach me how to fight and shoot. I was always better at shooting and still are now. Personally I have come along way since a century ago which is when Filyana and Father died.

I finally reached my mothers room and knocked before entering. It is so mother knows it is me.

As I looked where she lay it saddend me. My mothers happy face and beautiful complexion is now replaced by paleness. She looked so peacefull asleep and that is how she wants to be peaceful. I turned to the table where I had placed the healing bowl and cloth.

"My beautiful Tauriel, you should not trouble yourself, trying to heal me." She spoke weakly. I turned and walked to her side.

"Mother, please do not say such things. I found out the sword was posined which means I am able to heal it." I spoke with hope in my voice.

"My child, we had known that from the start. You have to realise this is the end. There is nothing you can do" her eyes fluttered and all the tears had now escaped. I have tried to be strong for mother, I want her to know I am not weak but I cannot.

"Please mother, you are the only person I have." The tears would not stop and I was ashamed. I should be strong for her, it is what she needs.

"Tauriel look at me" she said and with a shaky delicate hand lifed my chin up so I was looking at her.

"I am sorry Mother, I wanted to be strong, to save you but I am weak." I replied now holding her hand delicatly in mine.

"You are wrong my beautiful Tauriel. You are stronger than you think and-" she stoped and her eyes started to close. No.

"Mother please-"

"Shh my child, I will be with Filyana and your father. I love you Tauriel be- " her eyes were almost completly closed now.

"Mother" my voice was shaky and full of distress.

" Tauriel... be the warrior you are inside and do not hide it-" No. This is the end. I am alone now. The tears now had made my simple dress damp.

I kisses my mothers forehead and placed her hands on her front. Something fell out of her hand and clashed onto the floor. My fathers knife with a letter bound to it.

My dear Tauriel

I know that you will be upset and you feel alone but you are not. Your father and Filyana wanted you to have these swords. No words can describe the love I have for you Tauriel. Be who you want to be. Be a warrior and fight for what you believe. You are strong but be strong always for all of us. No matter what we are always with you. Do what is right and make us proud.

All my love forever

Elidyana

Your mother

Words from this letter and what mother said before she died ran through my mind. Be a warrior. Be the warrior you are inside and do nit hide it.

I will not hide it. I know what I have to do now. I need to be strong for myself and for mother, father and Filyana.

That is what I am.

A WARRIOR.

------------AUTHORS NOTE---------------

HELLO.

FIRST TOLKEIN FANFICTION.

THIS FIRST CHAPTER WAS JUST TO GIVE YOU SOME BACKGROUND ON TAURIEL AND HER PAST. I WANTED TO DO THIS BEFORE I STARTED THE STORY, IF YOU LIKE. JUST SO WHEN I REFER TO THIS YOU WILL NOT BE CONFUSED.

THANKS! ENJOY :)

AUTUMNXLEAVESXMEGAN