Part 20

He had not noticed me yet, I did not know wether he was actually awake. Eventhough I know it is wrong I took the chance to admire him and once again I could clearly see why it was so dangerous to love him. I didn't want to hurt him. Legolas means to much to me for him to ever get hurt. Yet alone by myself, it would kill me.

However, I have no need to worry for he does not feel the same. I looked in his direction once more taking in his appearance. It was amazing. How the moonlight reflected off his long hair. But I wished to see his face and those capturizing blue eyes. Suddenly his eyes met mine and I stepped back.

"My Lord" I spoke whilst bowing before him like I had done with his father. Cautiously I looked up at his face once more. Emotionless. No emotion was clear on his face. He looked as though he was in pain. He had huge bags under his eyes and you could tell just by them that he hadn't slept in a very long time.

Slowly he walked towards me and before I knew what was happening, I was embraced in his strong arms. He nuzzled his head into my neck and I could feel his tears falling onto my tunic. I tightend the embrace which he excepted by tightening his grip on me too.

Eventually he started to pull away. I looked at him to see a tear stained face. Why was he crying?

"Legolas? Look at me please." I placed my hand on his cheek and he lifted his head.

"What happend to you?" I whisphered to him. He shook his head not wanting to answer that question. I took hold of his hand a led him over to end of the bed where I sat him down. Cautiously, almost as if he was scared to, Legolas took hold of my other hand.

"Love" he whisphered.

"What do you mean mellon?" Legoals flinched at the last word. I felt his hands tense and could sense the anger in him. He let go off my hands and stood up infront of me.

"Tauriel can you not see. Did you not ever see before? Ten years I was left in depression because I lost the most important person in my life. She was so special to me, I loved her. But I made a mistake, I was a fool... a coward. I never told her how I felt towards her before she left. Everyday of those ten years I waited hoping for her to return. Alas she never did and it broke me. I vowed after that never to love again. Until I became bound to Aliyath, who in time taught me how to love again. Although she was taken from me aswell, leaving me alone in the world. After Aliyath died, I thought I would never love again. Until the girl returned once again, my love. There was something inside me. Something inside me that was telling me not to let her go this time. So I am not going to let her go. I am not going to let you go Tauriel... because I love you."

Tears streamed down my face. All that time I thought he did not love me. I was the fool, I have hurt him. No. I do not care anymore for what may happen in the future. My love for Legolas has conquered that. I stood up and ran towards him, taking him in a tight embrace. I pulled away and looked at him. By his expression I could tell he was shocked. Giving him a small smile, I focused on his lips. I leant in and kissed him. His lips were soft and warm. At first he did not move but then came back to realisation and kissed me back. Our lips moving perfectly together. No words could describe this feeling. So I have waited for this moment.

Legolas deepened the kiss by wrapping his arms around my waist.

Gradually we pulled away.

"Legolas... I love you also. I just never how to tell you. I believed that you would never pledge yourself to an elf such as-" he cut my sentence off by crashing his lips to mine once more. He pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"Do not finish that sentence. I do not care about your rank Tauriel. I love you and that is all that matters." With them words I felt a strange feeling. Happiness. For the fist time in a long while I felt happy.

PLEASE READ!
AUTHORS NOTE

HELLO EVERYONE

I JUST WANT TO SAY A HUGE THANK YOU ONC MORE FOR YOUR SUPPORTIVE COMMENTS. IT MEANS ALOT TO ME TO HEAR YOUR VIEWS ON THE STORY. SO THEREFORE I HAVE UPDATED EARLY. I WILL BE ADDING ANOTHER CHAPTER TODAY IF THIS ONE GETS ALOT OF VOTES AND COMMENTS.

ON THAT NOTE... I HAVE 99 VOTES WHICH IS AMAZING! I WOULD LOVE TO GET OVER 100 BEFORE NEXT YEAR!

THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN. MAKE SURE TO VOTE AND COMMENT TO GET ANOTHER CHAPTER TODAY!

THANKS
AUTUMNXLEAVESXMEGAN