Part 12

I didn't know what to do. I understood what Rivana was saying and I did know the consequences, I just didn't want that to happen. I love Legolas. Though thinking of it now does he feel the same way or does he just see me as a friend? What would his father say if he knew. He wouldn't let him pledge himself to a lowly Silvan Elf. To me. Alas I am nothing. I had to remember that and remember my place.

I will do what Rivana spoke of. I must not show my love towards him. Unfortunatly the only way I could possibly do that would be to stay away from him. My love must fade.

"Tauriel" a familiar and friendly voice spoke from beside me and brought me out of my thoughts. I turned to see Aradon looking concerned kneeling beside my bed.

"Aradon, what are you doing here?" I wasn't being rude, it was just I didn't expect anyone apart from Rivana to check upon me.

"Sorry Captain, I will leave-" in his voice I could sense pain.

"No...Aradon please stay, I did not mean to be rude." He sat in the chair beside my bed again.

"I was worried for you Captain. You never returned from your patrol and then when you did Rivana sent for me straight away. You speaking your thoughts. Prince Legolas." The fact that Aradon had heard scared me. What would happen if he told Legolas or anybody else. He clearly sensed my distress.

"Tauriel, mellon do not worry I will tell nobody of this. I had already sensed your feelings towards him. Your secret is safe with me." He said calmy.

"Thank you Aradon. For visiting me aswell, I am most grateful for your company."

"You are welcome mellon. I didn't want you to be alone. I also came to ask if you felt well enough to come to the celebration. It will do you good to get some fresh air and some food."

Originally I had decided not to attend the celebration, but I do not have the physical nor mental energy to experiment with my gift. Also I do love the celebrations, so I decided to accept Aradons request.

"I will attend Aradon, I have some strength to go do not worry" I told him with a small smile. I couldn't tell him that I was fully recovered. Nobody must know of my gift.

"I will accompany you then" he stated instead of asking if I wanted to be accompanied, but it might take my mind of Legolas.

"Thank you Aradon"

---------------------------------------------------------

Rivana returned shortly after Aradon left to help with the preparations for the celebration. I told her that I was attending the celebration and she told me to remember that everyone else knew that I hadn't fully recovered yet.

We both went back to my room where Rivana helped me get ready. As this was a celebration I had to wear a dress. Fortunatly for me I do not own any dresses so I thought that I would get away with not wearing one. Although unfortunatly Arwen had sent me a dress but I must say it was absoluty beautiful.

It was a dark purple dress that reached the floor. It's bodice was embroided with silver patterns that shimmered in the light. It also had a small train at the back the flowed gracefully everywhere I walked. Once wearing the dress I looked like a different elleth, I looked like Arwen except of course from my aburn hair. Rivana did my hair into 3 plaits that all spiraled around a loose bun, that was held in place by a silver pin. Upon the end of which, was a small, delicate sapphire which Arwen sent with the dress.

There was a soft knock against the big wooden door. I stood up from the chair and thanked Rivana.

Even before I opened the door to reveal a gawping Aradon, I had already sensed it was him.

"Captain Tauriel" he bowed his head in respect.

"Aradon" I returned the gesture. He held out his hand which I took gladly, just incase I was to fall in this dress as I am not one of the most graceful elves.

We walked through the corridors until we reached the grand hall where the celebration was being held. Instead of going through the main doors of the hall, me and Aradon went through the servants entrance as we were part of the guard and not guests that King Thrandiul had invited.

-----------------------------------------------------

Time passsed quickly and since arriving. We had already eaten and many elves were talking amongst themselves. Although the talking was soon interupted by King Thrandiuals powerful voice.

"I would like to announce that my son is to be betrothed to Lady Aliyath and the ceremony will be held in 30 days."

My whole body froze. Not only do I love Legolas, but he is also my closest friend. The fact that he never spoke of this before, pains me. Out the corner of my eye, I could see Legolas walking towards his father with none other than Lady Aliyath by his side. He was smiling ad was she as they looked at each other. Love  was clear in his eyes.

Now it was clear he did not feel the same way. But I was feeling the pain, the love I hold for him is more than I realised as I can feel tears threatening to leave my eyes. I need to leave. Before I turned to leave his ice cold eyes fell onto mine and did not leave them until I broke the small connection.

As soon as I was out of the Grand Hall, I started to feel light headed. I made haste towards my room. When I entered I let the tears fall. My chest felt as though it had been ripped apart. My heart was torn.

No more. Leaving seemed like the only option, although I had no where to go.
The cave.

I got changed out of the dress and put my fighting garments back on. Released my hair from the bun and let it cascade down my back.I left a note explaining to Rivana and told her where I was going. Knowing she would tell nobody, I would be safe. Flinging my quiver full of arrows over shoulder and grabbing my bow  and swords, I made my way towards to stables.

My horse Malya was awaiting my presence as I knew she would be. I waited for nothing as I mounted her and rode of into the forest and away from Legolas, my home.

Everything.

As I reached the end of Mirkwoods boarders I hesitated.

Was this the right thing to do?

It had to be, I clearly meant nothing. If I leave now, I can use my gift, find someone to help with the power I hold.

I turned and looked back. I knew it would not be the last time that I would set foot in Mirkwood.

Although I had a feeling that would not be the last time I would see Mirkwood.

AUTHORS NOTE:

HEY EVERYONE.

1. JUST TO START THESE FIRST CHAPTERS ARE ALL 300 YEARS BEFORE THE FIRST HOBBIT JUST INCASE YOU ARE GETTING CONFUSED.

2.THAT WAS A LONG CHAPTER TO MAKE UP FOR NOT UPDATING! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAD READ AND VOTED FOR THIS SO FAR BUT PLEASE KEEP VOTING.

3.ALSO YOU CAN COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK.

ALSO WHAT DO YOU THINK THE CAVE IS AND WHERE IS IT?

WILL TAURIEL RETURN?

WHAT WILL LEGOLAS DO WHEN HE FINDS OUT SHE IS GONE?

YOU CAN COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THESE IF YOU WANT, SO I KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK!

THANK YOU!
AUTUMNXLEAVESXMEGAN