Voldemort. Flying. Slowly, Harry and I raise our wands.

"Hagrid... HAGRID!" We yell. Letting out a primal scream, our eyes clenched shut in pain, our wand hands trembling as we point it blindly. Voldemort's snake-like face draws near, his wand trained on Harry and I. Harry's arm goes slack, his wand dropping.

"Avada..." Voldemort begins and abruptly, my arm rises as if on a string, drawn up by the wand trembling in my hand. Gold fire spits forth and sparks skitter up the chassis of the motorbike. I wheel and, for a split second, am face to face with Voldemort, whose eyes drift, staring, with something like fear, at my wand.

Then Voldemort peels backward and away, evaporating like smoke. Just then the motorbike's engine hiccups and Hagrid, Harry, and I begin to drop.

The motorbike splashes down into the reeds, sputters, then cuts out altogether in a smoking hiss. Harry glances about. A door opens in a crooked house. Two silhouettes appear and dash forward, Mrs. Weasley and Ginny.

"Amelia! Harry! Hagrid! What happened?! Have you seen the others?" Mrs. Weasley rushes to our side, Ginny pulls Harry and I into a tight hug.

"Is no one else back yet?" I ask looking from Mrs. Weasley to Ginny. Ginny shakes her head.

"They were on us from the star', Molly. The Death Eaters. And You-Know-Who as well." Hagrid explains and Molly Weasley's face betrays panic, but she fights it back.

"Well, thank goodness you three are all right." She smiles.

"Haven't go' any brandy, have yeh, Molly? Fer medicinal purposes?" The half giant asks and she nods, leads him toward the house. Once out of earshot, Harry and I turn expectantly to Ginny. She looks frightened.

"Ron and Tonks should've already been back. Dad and Fred as well." At the mention of Fred's name, I lower my head. I can't help the worried feeling that is growing in my gut ever since we left Number 4 Privet Dr.

Suddenly, several yards away, a blue light burns in the darkness. Harry, Ginny, and I rush towards it just as Lupin materializes, cradling an unconscious "Harry," clothes torn, head awash in blood. Harry takes in the surreal tableau, then watches "himself" transform into George, who bears the true damage. Ginny's hands fly to her face.

"Oh my God! George!" Ginny cries.

"The house! Quickly!" Lupin exclaims and Harry rushes to George's other side and helps him into the Burrow. Ginny and I quickly follow.

Lupin and Harry drop George onto the sofa, where his head rolls into the lamplight, the blood more shocking here. Molly Weasley screams. George's ear is gone.

"My boy! My darling boy! What've they done to you?!"

Harry's did I look on miserably, anger and guilt clashing within us, when Lupin grabs a fistful of our shirts and hurls my brother and I against the wall.

"Remus! What're you doing!" Ginny shouts.

"What creature sat in the corner the first time that Harry and Amelia Potter visited my office at Hogwarts!" He questions us.

"Are you mad...?" Harry asks.

"What creature!"

"A grindylow!" I answer, fear and confusion glisten in my eyes.

Lupin releases Harry and I, then turns back to the others. "We've been betrayed. Voldemort knew you both were being moved tonight. I had to make sure you two weren't imposters."

"Who did this to him?" I ask, gesturing to George.

"Snape." He answers. "He'll be fine, Molly. But that's Dark Magic. The damage is done." She simply nods, weeping, dabbing at George's face.

I try to contain my anger at the man who murdered Dumbledore in cold blood. My fists curl at my side, nails digging into my palms, drawing blood. But then a blue glow glimmers against the window, where Hagrid stands.

"Someone else is back." Hagrid states. And Harry, Lupin and I rush out the door with our wands out, just in case.

Hermione and Kingsley stand together, looking shaken. As the others rush forward, Kingsley points his wand at Lupin.

"The last words Albus Dumbledore spoke to the pair of us?"

"'Harry and Mia are the best hope we have. Trust them.'" Lupin responds. Shacklebolt lowers his wand, wheels on Harry and I.

"What gave you two away?"

"Hedwig and Pepper... I think. They were trying
to protect us-" I trail off remembering my owl. She was more then just a pet too me, she was a friend. Just then, the yard glows with blue light and one pair after another materialize: Fred & Mr. Weasley, Bill & Fleur, Ron & Tonks. Ron is still "Harry," but Hermione doesn't hesitate, enveloping him in a fierce hug. As he transforms back into his own battle-weary self, he looks mildly abashed to be in such close proximity to Hermione.

"Hey ya... Well... thanks." Ron blushes.

"Deserves that. Brilliant, he was. Wouldn't be standing here without him." Tonks says as she embraces her husband.

"Really?" Hermione questions.

"Always the tone of surprise." Ron says, breaking free of her. I jump in and give him a hug as well, glad that he's okay. Then I turn to Fred. He smiles at me and with a grateful grin, I run into his arms.

Embracing him feels like home. The worried feeling in my gut ceases and I breathe in his scent.

"Thank Merlin, you're alright." I say to him.

"Me? What about you? You're the one I have to worry about." I lean in and give him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Are we the last? Where's George?" Mr. Weasley asks. Suddenly... silence. Mr. Weasley eyes all, turns to Lupin. "Remus. Where's my son?"

Fred looks down to me with a confused look on his face, but my expression answers all his questions. I take his hand and begin leading him back into the house.