Chapter 50 : Archer Coleman

Russell was waiting in front of the event's place, still waiting for Isabelle to come out.

He shuffled a bit, reaching for his pocket. With phone in hand, he lifted it and checked the time.

It was already getting late, and Russell was already worried enough as it is. 

If Isabelle wouldn't have him take her home, then he'll ensure to make it so that she does so.

Finally, Isabelle came out of the door with numerous bags on both her hands, a victorious smile plastered on her face.

"I really think you should ride home with me. It's already late."

Isabelle's smile faltered, her eyes squinting slightly. 

"What time is it?"

She was about to look for her phone when Russell replied.

"8:38 PM."

"Oh."

Isabelle still looked for her phone, but not before placing her bags filled with goods on the pavement. Opening it with a swipe, she noticed that she had a lot of messages. While she was preoccupied, Russell decided to burden himself with her abundant tributes.

[Bella are you still out?]

[Can you buy a lightbulb? Our lightbulb won't work.]

"Just great."

"Why?"

Russell peered over Isabelle's shoulder, only to see a black screen. Isabelle moved away from him and took some bags from his grasps.

"Our lightbulb just broke. I think I have to go to the mall."

Russell stayed silent then finally spoke.

"I'll drive you."

Russell expected Isabelle to say no.

She faltered, pursing her lips. 

"Then, I'll treat you to a meal."

It was the least she could do. He didn't want any payment, and just leaving it as is left a bitter taste in Isabelle's mouth.

She doesn't want to owe him any favor.

Isabelle smiled slightly, waving her card on his face. It made him smile.

They visited the nearby mall, an outdoor mall. They finally found a restaurant to eat and immediately sat inside. It was getting a little bit cold during the night.

They breathed a sigh of relief the moment they sat on the warm cushions, relieved form the biting chilly wind the night has to offer.

They ordered what they liked. Russell ordered a plate of pasta while Isabelle ordered a rice meal, with an additional drink of hot chocolate.

Russell noticed this, he asked.

"You like hot chocolate?"

Isabelle hummed, sipping from her warm cup of hot chocolate.

"Mhm"

Russell stayed silent then proceeded to eat his food. Here he was again. He always ate with Isabelle whenever they go out on a date. He knew she always ordered something with rice on it, always opting for food she is usually familiar with. The complete opposite of his attitude.

But never did he realize that she loved hot chocolate. All these years, he did not know.

It was natural after all. The original Isabelle hid this from Russell, always avoiding hot chocolate because she was afraid she'd gain weight. Also her money was just enough to pay everything she had to pay. Buying packs or ordering a mug of hot chocolate would make things financially harder as it is.