Chapter 29: Siegfried de Chauvegné

'Time flies so fast.'

The sun's rays entered through the tall window. They softly kissed the carpet floor, the bright streams of light enlightening the monotonous hue of the room.

Coincidentally, a pair of clear blue eyes shone like crystals under the light.

It belonged to a woman dressed in trousers. Her usual flowing brown locks were kept tight in a loose bun, a ribbon keeping it in place.

It was unlike her to deviate from her donned plain old dresses and skirts, yet the change of style wondrously made her appear taller and slimmer.

Diana twisted and turned in front of the mirror. She made a few poses - puffing her chest, raising her chin, even jutting her buttocks out. Her postures looked a bit provocative at a glance, but it was done simply to give herself a much-needed boost in spirit.

Nobody was watching anyways.

She flinched, her jubilant movements slowly ceasing.

Her gem-like eyes fluttered as she bit her lip. Her shoulders tightened along with her whole body. Her whole being expressed a frantic show of desperation, pessimism once again resurfacing in her mind.

In front of the mirror, a woman raised her head up. She held her hands tightly in her chest as tears pooling around her eyes, her chest heaving up and down.

Her once silent breaths became heavier, a suppressed whimper coming out of her mouth. Her frustration leaked out heavily, feeling like she was in the middle of the ocean, not knowing where to go.

Days have passed since then. She returned home with a troubled mind and a basket full of her belongings.

"As long as he refused to change, he will never accept it."

Change is something that is inevitable, and hard to accept at times.

'Many people fail to grow because they refused to accept change. Some linger on the unchangeable, and some have no choice but to do the unacceptable.'

The ground felt cold even with her soles on. The cold air squeezed in through the tiny gaps of the windows, the breeze kissing Diana's skin.

She shivered slightly, her fingers becoming chilled. Thankfully, the bright rays of the sun provided some consoling warmth to her whole body.

She breathed in through her nose, letting out the air through her mouth. Her face glowed brightly under the sun, her brunette hair depicting an amber-like hue.

No matter what, she still has something to do.

Stepping towards the window, she squinted her eyes, looking at the garden filled with tall weeds and unidentifiable herbs and grasses.

It looked like it was part of the forest if not for those huge metal walls.

She crossed her arms, a frown started to form in her lips. 

With her brows furrowed, a frustrated sigh came out from her mouth.

'oh Diana, is it so hard to clean the house? '

Shaking her head side to side, she once again glimpsed at the disastrous garden. Clapping her hands loudly, her large frown started to lift up and was replaced with a helpless smile.

"Let's clean the garden!"

"Siegfried, get up."

A little boy can be seen underneath the window. He was sitting with his knees close to his chest. His hands firmly held the edges of the book, making his whole face hidden.