Chapter 23 : Siegfried de Chauvegné

Diana woke up feeling the sunshine on her face. She was lying on the bed, the same spot where Meltif was sleeping. She blinked her eyes, recalling what happened the night before.

She was reincarnated at the exact moment where the original Diana was about to leave. Now that she decided to come back, then the plot would most likely change. She sat up slowly, the blanket skidding off of her. Putting her palms on her forehead, she heaved a sigh, attempting to calm the painful throbbing in her head.

It doesn't matter anyway for the new Diana. For now, she will try to do what she can.

She put the blankets to the side and proceeded to stand up, then she noticed something. The clothes that she wore the other night was gone and was replaced by a plain peach dress.

Diana remembered those silvery eyes that she saw before she lost her consciousness.

'That would mean that he's not blind anymore.'

Yet she couldn't help wondering who changed her clothes. The only ones in the mansion were her, the child, and -

Her eyes widened as she thought of him.

'Meltif!'

Diana felt her face become hot as she clasped her palms on her cheeks. Even if the body is not innocent, the soul inside Diana was a natural virgin.

Suddenly, the double doors opened with a creak. A tall man holding a tray and a stick in his other hand stepped inside the room.

Diana's brows furrowed as she looked at the man up and down.

Indeed, this man is Meltif de Chauvegné. He was the very epitome of a handsome man. His chiseled jaw emphasized more his manliness. His short jet black hair looked thick and soft, swaying as he walked. With his eyes closed, it accentuated his long thick lashes that every woman would die to have. He had that kind of face that would stop someone in her tracks.

He did not have a pale complexion. It had a warm hue but not too tan. It outlined his lean muscular physique that did not even try to hide even with his clothes on. He walked with grace and decisiveness that you wouldn't see from an ordinary man. Every step was steady and full of dominance, like that of a seasoned soldier.

Diana sighed in her head. He was definitely her type of guy.

And that type of guy was walking towards her. He stopped in front of her, his towering figure encompassing her small dainty frame.

Meltif, with his eyes closed, sets the tray down on the bedside table. His heart was hammering as he felt the stare of the woman directed at him.

Both were silent. The woman on the bed looked at the man in front of her, while the man felt her gaze centered on him.

"Have you eaten? How is your fever?"

Diana was worried. She quickly stood up and held his cheeks, checking his forehead.

Meltif stiffened, feeling Diana's soft palms on his face. He once again felt that warm feeling filling up his chest.

Diana felt that his forehead wasn't too warm or cold. She breathed a sigh of relief as she thought that the heal was worth it.

'But why are his eyes closed?'

Diana clearly saw those silvery eyes staring right at her before she lost consciousness. She wondered if his blindness was truly healed.

'I guess if it wasn't recent then it wouldn't work.'

She held his cheeks with both hands while she was in thought. She was suddenly jolted out of her trance once her hand was enveloped by a much larger hand.