Chapter 44 : Archer Coleman

"Boss, I'm going!"

"Yes yes."

The cafe doors opened, making the bell chime softly.

The biting cold sneaked up on Isabelle's pale hands up to her shoulders, making her shiver momentarily.

The brownish-orange leaves scattered on the streets, falling in a swaying motion, kissing the pavement floor made of concrete.

It was Saturday, the autumn season almost coming to an end.

Some students decided to go to their respective homes, others decided to stay and study, catch some sleep, or play video games.

While some are out doing their part-time job, just like Isabelle.

"I'm running late."

Her eyes met the LED screen of her phone, telling her that it was already 2 in the mid-afternoon.

Her white sneakers rapidly tapped on the concrete, each step becoming faster as she ran to catch the bus.

Finally, her frosted hands met the metal handle of the bus. There was a snowy froth forming as she painstakingly breathed, her heart beating loudly due to the unplanned mini-marathon she did to catch up her supposed ride.

She patted her chest, the soft plain wool meeting the palm of her hands.

She languidly gazed up, spotting a seat further back of the bus.

Shifting her legs, she walked towards that seat, then ungracefully plopped down, exhaling a contented sigh.

The doors of the bus roared, the sound similar to a pressured steam being released. 

She still had an hour before she arrived, so she leaned her head on the headrest, her seat creaking with her every move, placing her clasped hands atop of her bag at her lap.

--

It was already late in the afternoon, the sky emitted different hues of purples, crimsons, and oranges spreading its generosity across the horizon. 

Isabelle just finished signing up for a fashion event hosted by a big brand.  

Her icy marine blue eyes blinked tightly, a few droplets of tears wringing out due to the sting brought upon by the severe gush of the bitter wind.

Out in the corner of her eyes, she spotted a mane of brown sitting on the rustic park bench made of metal.

Isabelle's eyes bulged, doing a double-take, a startled gasp escaping her pinkish glossed lips.

It was Joline Hansen.

The supposed female lead of this world. The one who had a miserable life on her first and second life. The one whose fate was broken by a foreign soul that invaded one of this world's inhabitants.

She was sitting by the bench nearby with a phone on her hand, a piece of luggage on her side.

Isabelle's brows stiffened, criticizing the piece of luggage by Joline's side.

'Could it be?' She thought.

She was not sure of her thoughts, but she knew one thing.

This was a chance. A chance she couldn't let slip by.

Unwittingly, her body was already following her subconscious mind, slowly walking towards the girl sitting by the bench.

"Joline, is that you?"

The girl lifted her head, her round glasses making her wonderful pearl grey eyes clearer than before.

"Yes?"