Chapter 47: Archer Coleman

It was already night time. A time where people usually do their hobbies, finish their homework, or maybe-

"You jerk!"

"Why?"

Watch a surprisingly frustrating drama.

A pair of girls in their pajamas- One in pastel blue elephant pajamas while the other one in violet cartoon pajamas.

They sat side by side on the sofa, their hands occasionally dipping towards the bowl in between them.

Isabelle popped the popcorn inside her mouth, a crunch sounded as she bit down.

Joline held her own bath towel, using it to cover half of her face, sometimes raising the cloth to wipe away the tears falling from her puffy eyes.

The screen turned black, the end credits playing right in front of their eyes.

Joline couldn't take it anymore and cried, snot already dribbling down her nose while she buried herself in the cotton bath towel she held.

"Why did the dog have to die..."

Isabelle coughed, feeling her throat clog up. She sniffed, rubbing her nose with the back of her fingers, her back slouching as she leaned forward.

"Let's watch something else."

Isabelle stretched her arms, placing it on the sofa, and pushed hard to prop herself up. The moment she stood on both her feet, an unmistakable ringing that sounded like a phone call was caught by the women's ears. 

Isabelle, with the contest she applied in mind, nervously searched for her phone. Her wild actions causing books and pens to fall over. 

Finally grasping her phone, she clicked the button at the side, only to see her usual screen.

Instead, it was Joline who answered the call. She sat up straight, clutching the towel close to her while she replied to the caller. Isabelle stood warily from her place.

After a few minutes, Joline finally said goodbye, ending the call. Her figure slumped back on the sofa, her feet sprawled on the ground.

"So? Who was that?"

"They called me. F-for the job."

Isabelle rushed back to the side of Joline, leering intensely at her, as if she was hoping her stare could make Joline quickly spill out the contents inside the call.

"I-I--"

"What?!"

"I finally got a job!"

Joline squealed happily as she jumped up, bouncing from foot to foot. Isabelle followed, squealing just as loud as they both hopped around, grabbing each other's arms. 

"Hey!"

A voice came downstairs, making them both stop.

The same sound rang once again, startling them both out of their wits.

It was an unknown number. Shivers run down through Isabelle's spine, looking at her vibrating phone in a flash. Joline's eyes widened, a wide grin on her face as she faced Isabelle.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Ms. Isabelle Coleman?"

Isabelle took a deep breath.

"Yes. Who is this?"

"Good evening Ms. Isabelle. Your application for the contest is approved. The judging will start 4 months from now so I'll coordinate with the photographer..."