𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 28

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"𝚆𝚑𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚜? 𝚆𝚑𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚍𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People were begging for help they were crying and screaming and pushing a small girl was in the arms of a woman and her hand was holding someone else's. They finally got to the front of everyone. The woman set the two children down tears streamed down her face.

"Remember. I love you. I love you both so much"

She looked over to The boy who was next to her "Thomas you look after your little sister"

————————————————————————

A small girl was strapped to a table her body felt heavy and she could hear her blood rush through her veins making her go dizzy. The doctor came back this time with a bigger needle. It stung for a little bit as it pierced through the skin till that stinging turned to burning. It felt like hot lava replaced her blood and all she could do was cry out for help.

————————————————————————

"Okay, Destariya ignite the fire"

She lifted her arms and fire spread across them. She started to cry out again the fire burnt her arms as it spread around the room "Calm down it won't hurt for much longer"

And they were right not too long after her arms cooled down "Wonderful. Congratulations Destariya testing is over you've moved up to training"

————————————————————————

The girl looked older again she just finished burning two civilians who broke into the lab. This happened regularly people would try and get into the lab hoping that they could cure them of the flare. But it wasn't just people who managed to get in cranks found ways to get in as well.

A loud gasp was heard behind her and there stood Jack. "Y-you killed t-them"

Security came in and dragged him away still shouting that she was a monster.

————————————————————————

Both a girl and boy was stood in front of a white door the girl carried on looking down not being able to meet his eyes "Destariya keep your gloves on they can't find out what you're capable of" She just nodded "Dee please just look at me" The boy begged.

Her green eyes met his brown ones and for the first time in a while, he saw emotion in them. "Why did you do Thomas? Why did you let them do this to me" She questioned them.

His eyes started to water "I'm sorry I didn't know what they were actually doing to you"

She placed her hand on the door "Yeah well it changed me it almost killed me"

Everything started to get blurry "Destariya"

"Destariya please wake up please be okay"

When she opened her eyes 2 figures were leaning over her "Thomas? Teresa?"

They both smile "Oh thank God your okay Thomas was so worried when you got stung" Teresa told her.

Destariya embraced them both and Teresa pulled out a polaroid camera "Let's take a photo to celebrate"

Destariya nodded her head in agreement she looked horrible but she didn't mind she was back with her brother and her best friend. It did hurt her to leave the people in the glade but she was where she was supposed to be now she could remember everything now she now knew all the dreams in the maze were definitely memories.

"Right well I'm going to get the others won't be long" She left the room so it was just Destariya and Thomas

"I know we didn't leave on the best of terms but I am so sorry Destariya," Thomas told her.

She held his hand "I should say sorry too I was so cold to you I never even thought that you didn't know about it"

They talked some more while waiting for Teresa to come back Destariya explained what happened in the maze and he explained that since she'd been gone they haven't seen much of Ava. When Teresa came back she was joined by 3 other people who she remembered.

"Oh my God, you lot are okay" Destariya called out. They all embraced in a hug. Ivy was crying her eyes out and Zander just kept apologizing about not seeing the griever behind me. "It's fine I should have realized it was behind me too," Destariya told him.

Dominic was calming down Ivy but managed to look at her for a moment "It's so good to have you back Des"

That nickname reminded Destariya of Minho and the other gladers but she knew she couldn't let that upset her she had to forget them.

Destariya had to move on.