“Crap,” I muttered under my breath. “Do you know anyone who can help me?” 

“I’m pretty sure Jack’s threats didn’t stop here.” 

I thanked him for his time and stormed off back into the house. I cant believe he did that! I’m here freaking out, and he basically locked me in.

Going into the woods would be a disaster. My luck, I would get lost and Jack would get here and freak out and then find me and I would be humiliated. So I will stay here until they allow me to go there. Or until he comes home. 

I just cant believe he spread a threat around that if anyone so much as points me somewhere, he’ll pretty much rip them limb from limb. 

The rain poured down outside, just as I was getting shoes on to find Jack. My mind was made up. Its been four days since I have seen him and frankly I’m about to explode with panic. 

I sat on the couch with shoes on my feet and my jacket on. Then I heard a sound. A low thud. 

Instantly I got up and opened the door. It was tough to see through the heavy rain, but when I saw a dark figure, I ran outside. 

The rain soaked my clothes and my hair, but when I saw who the dark figure was. I didn’t care. 

“Jack!” I yelled. 

“Honey, I’m home.” He smirked, even through the rain I can tell he was smiling. 

I hugged him tightly, burying my face into his shoulder. He was drenched as I was, so it was like two sponges hugging. 

Then he winced. 

“Are you hurt?” I demanded.

“Lets go inside.” He said into my ear. 

When we found the door, we went inside and stood there, creating a pool of water under us from the wet clothes. 

He smiled down at me and grabbed a piece of my dripping wet hair. Just looking at it. 

“Where are you hurt?” I asked, taking his jacket off before he could protest. 

“You read my mind..” He murmured.

“I’m looking for the wound.” I defended. 

I could tell it was his shoulder, by the way his posture was. So without asking, I pulled his heavy wet shirt off, dropped it onto the ground, and examined the wound. 

My hands touched the large bruise and little cuts on his right shoulder. 

“What happened?” I asked. 

“I was caught by surprised.” He said, sounding like he didn’t really care. 

“You should-” I began. 

He grabbed the back of my neck and crushed his lips to mine before I could answer. 

I was freezing, but distracted. 

“I’m freezing,” I said after I could speak. 

“I’ll start a fire.” 

I went to the bedroom to grab a few blankets, a few towels, and then went back into the living room. 

I threw Jack a blanket and then stood behind the couch as I stripped to the bare and wrapped the thick blanket around myself and sat on the couch next to the fire. 

I was shivering from the cold, and I still felt awkward around Jack, even though I have a blanket to cover me. 

He copied my move and then sat on the couch with a blanket around his waist.