The Game

Chapter 52 (psst... please read ze author's note, 'kay?)

Elsa's POV

The entire night was magical-- just like a fairy tale. I sometimes even wondered if I was dreaming...

No, I wasn't.

And I'm sort of worried about Jack right now, tomorrow was his final game against the Ravenstreams and they had to win this game to be declared champion. And seeing him right now, I knew he was happy, yet we too was exhausted. Exhausted, and still had a game tomorrow. Sometimes I wondered how he could catch up with the series of activities.

"Hey," I nudged his shoulder.

"Yes?" He chuckled.

"Are you ready for your match tomorrow?" I asked him, worry was evident at the tone of my voice. He just smiled.

"I'll be fine as long as I know that you'll be there." He smirked.

"And I will be." I guaranteed.

"Good girl." He laughed then patted my head. I just rolled my eyes playfully at him.

"Once I drive you home, I want you to rest immediately, there will be carnivals and arcades tomorrow at school." He grinned.

"Yes, dad." I smirked.

"That's handsome boyfriend to you." He corrected.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm just worried that you might stay up late thinking about me." He said proudly.

"You're so arrogant." I lightly smacked his shoulder, he immediately held onto my fist then entwined my fingers with his.

"Yet you fell in love with me." He eyed me. "Could you tell me why?" He raised a brow.

I could feel my cheeks warming up, gosh these hormones.  I gulped then faced him. "Because... because you're different." He gave me the 'why?' Face

"When I first met you... I've known you as the arrogant, selfish, cold, self-centered, spoiled rich guy. But gosh did you prove me wrong, I saw another side of you. The compassionate, kind, soft, funny, God-fearing, and honest man you are. And I am absolutely happy to know that I am one of the people who could see that side of you." I smiled

"And before I knew it, I had already fallen for you." I stared at his eyes. The pair of eyes that could make me feel lost yet safe at the same time.

"I could tell you 25 reasons why I'm in love with you." Jack sighed.

"I mean, the list could've gone longer, but I want to tell you reasons that I bet you didn't know." He chuckled. He handed me five blue envelopes.

Each envelope had a label

1. READ ♥  

2. Read when you're sad

3. Read when you miss me

4. Read when you're happy

5. Read if we ever fought

I looked at him, he was wearing his charming smile.

"What's this?" I began to smile myself.

"Oh, just another one of my genius letters." He laughed making me smack him on the shoulder, lightly.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. These letters will serve as my comfort for you whenever you need me, of course I am just always a call away, but you could read these when you feel that you need comfort." He lighty smiled.