A Promise

Chapter 33

Elsa's POV

Jack hugged me from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder and read with me. I could feel myself blush, I felt quite uncomfortable with him resting his chin on me.

"Jack," I sighed and handed him a book and he grabbed it while looking at me weirdly.

"Go read there." I pointed to a vacant chair just in front of me making him pout and lazily made his way there. He contacted his brows as he read the title of the book.

"I just don't get it" he crossed his arms as he dropped the book against the wooden table making a soft thud.

"What?" I tilted my head.

"If it says 'the fault in our STARS' then why does it have clouds as a design for the cover page?" He asked with a hint of annoyance in his tone and I face palmed.

"It doesn't literally talk about the stars in the sky, Silly" I rolled my eyes and he shrugged.

I stood up to approach counter A, we borrow books there. The librarian took my nametag and scanned it, this was actually the first book I've borrowed so far; paper towns. It was a John Green book, so, why not? I've read a lot of his works and some of them leave me crying but it was worth the tears, I think? The librarian returned my nametag and I smiled as I wore it around my neck once again. I skipped away with my newly borrowed book in my hands, I pushed open the glass door and walked to the right, I immediately stopped dead on my tracks when Jack suddenly appeared out of nowhere to my side. He was looking at his wristwatch then smiled then glanced at me with his mischievous look and I immediately looked away.

"We still have time" he immediately grabbed my hand and slightly ran towards the field while I struggled to keep up with his steps. Why go to the fields?

"Not bad for a girl in heels" he cheekily smiled as we arrived a shaded area and I rolled my eyes

"But You're still slow" he laughed and rubbed his nose against mine making me blush. I remained standing there; frozen. He chuckled and grabbed my hand again as we sat on the emerald grass, a fantastic view if I must say. The field was often peaceful during break times, Jack rested his back on a tree trunk while I looked at the vast fields and it's luscious green grass.

"You know, Elsa..." Jack smiled as he closed his eyes.

"I believe that there are only two kinds of people in this world; the ones that make your heart, and the ones who break it." he opened his eyes and looked at me.

"And I'd like to believe that you will make my heart, not break it. Could you promise me that?" He glanced at me with a faint smile as I could feel my cheeks getting warmer. What will I say?

"I do-dont kn---"

"I like cream puffs" Merida bombarded as she plopped herself down at the grass, beside Jack and I, ahh, thank you Merida for saving me!

"Mer, that is completely off topic" Anna pouted and paused as she looked at Jack and I.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, were you to two having a moment?" She looked at us with regret.

"actually, w--"

"We don't" I cut Jack's words and He rolled his eyes in a playful manner. Soon, Rapunzel, Flynn and Kristoff was behind Anna's back, they all sat down and I looked at them weirdly, where's Hiccup?

"What were you talking about earlier?" I asked, not letting the silence take us to an awkward state.

"Oooh...." Rapunzel smiled at Merida while Anna laughed. I tilted my head as Flynn and Kristoff tried to hold back their snorts. What?

"We were asking Merida if she likes Hiccup" Anna giggled.

"And Mer was all like: I like cream puffs" Rapunzel laughed and beld her stomach.

"So do I." A voice said and Jack smirked as He saw Hiccup's figure behind us.

"Hic. Dude, you have got to stop suddenly appearing out of nowhere, it's getting creepy" Jack chuckled, his chuckles were just contagious.

"That's the second time today" Flynn added as Hiccup sat beside Merida

"Snacks Milady" Hiccup smiled as he handed Merida a paperbag of muffins.

"Sorry, There were no cream puffs today." Hiccup shrugged. They look so cute together!

"Mmm... mkay" Merida unexpectedly stuffed a muffin at Hiccup's mouth. Hiccup's eyes popped and he looked at the muffin stuck on his mouth, but he bit it anyway.

"Tastes good?" Merida raised a brow and Hiccup nodded as he licked the blueberry jam at the corner of his lips.

Merida rolled her eyes and stuck a tissue at Hiccup's mouth, to remove the jam. Hiccup smirked and wiped his mouth. Are they together already? I'm not sure but, I think so?

After a few more minutes, we left the shade to get to our next class. Anna and Kristoff giggled at the entire walk, Rapunzel and Flynn were engaged in a deep conversation, Merida and Hiccup were nudging each other's shoulders, to see who can hit the hardest and..... Jack and I? Welp, We're in an awkward state.

"You know, I could also bring you snacks, if you'd like" he offered and I blushed.

"N-no, you d-dont have to."  I smiled and avoided glances.

He remained silent for awhile, then he opened his mouth to speak

"I know that you can't promise what I asked of you earlier" he smiled faintly.

"No one can predict the future, who knows if our hearts get broken someday?" He shrugged while I remained silent, allowing him to continue.

"But, even if you might break my heart in the future, Elsa Arens, I will not let you go."

"And I will always love you" he murmured, yet I Didn't hear it.

-----

A/N: ............

Hi! chapter 33!!! yayayya!!!!

I'm actually a crying a bit right now, cause I remember the ending of this book...... NO SPOILERS FOR THE ENDING! SORRY!!!

well, yeah, I am still emotional of TFIOS and yeah, I wasn't planning to UD today cause I was in a bad mood. but thanks to my friend, who encouraged me,  I got to UD! whoop!

yaayay!!! thank you so sos os sososssssssooooo much for the 21.3k+ readssssss!!! Gahhhh! 21.3k?!?!?!?! thank you :') and to all those who voted! thank you!!!*gives away oreos*

I hope you liked this chapter, last chapter isn't that good when I read It. I really want tk rewrite it though-.-

I hope you'll still read this book even if I only UD 3-4 times a week. *sighs* studies first.

soo.... you know what day it is???

It's SUNDAY!! which means, I'll see you all on FridayD:

I'm a bit busy this week actually, I have audition to attend to like magazine staffer, volleyball etc. but enough of my life!!! we are not here to discuss it!!!

so one more favor, please? please, no MEAN criticism. you may criticize if I had mistakes ir anything like that but please don't make them sound TOO MEAN. and if you'd like to point something out, kindly do it politely:D (it breaks my heart to rage at you so let's just insert a smiley :D ) it was one of the reasons that I didn't want to UD. but enough drama, I was WAY too dramatic. ok? ok. oops..... *face palm* that just reminded me if TFIOS, now if you'll excuse me, I'll just to a corner and cry over John Green's book:'D

BYE!!! AND I'LL SEE YOU ONE FRIDAY!!!