His mother fell quiet and they both stared at each other through their screens, neither knowing what to say.

"I have to go, see you at one." Logan said, hanging up and putting his phone back on the nightstand, staring a little at their bedroom wall while processing the events of the last thirty seconds.

Well.

That happened.

His phone dinged once, twice, and Logan was pretty sure his mother was texting him, but instead of dealing with that right now he rolled over towards his boyfriend who was still more asleep than awake, somehow.

"Virgil?" He said quietly to see if he was somewhat conscious, and Virgil opened his eyes a smidge, then squeezing them shut and mumbling something that Logan couldn't quite make out, he thought he heard something about waffles. He was cute enough for Logan to forgive him for accidentally outing him.

"Alright then." He said with a small sigh, then kissing Virgil's forehead and carefully getting out of bed before his boyfriend could trap him in his arms again. He was not going to fall back asleep now and therefore he thought it best to get up and make a pot of tea and begin to clean their apartment.

--

By eleven Logan had cleaned up wherever it was needed, plus vacuumed every room except for their bedroom since his boyfriend was still slepeing, drank four cups of tea, and answered his moms multiple text messages.

Her reaction hadn't been bad (and Logan hadn't worried much that it would be), in her texts she had just said that she supported him, asked if 'that guy' she'd seen was Logan's boyfriend, and wondered if it was still okay that she and his father came over later today.

The answer to both of those questions had been yes, because otherwise all that cleaning Logan had done was a little wasted, it could have waited a while if there wasn't going to be any visitors anytime soon.

His boyfriend finally showed himself about ten minutes past eleven, coming out from their bedroom to join Logan in the living room. He still looked sleepy, somehow, and he wasn't wearing more than underwear and a hoodie that he pretty much never took off.

"Good morning." He said with a yawn, pausing to think and looking like he'd forgotten something, then turning around and leaving the room.

"It's no longer morning." Logan called after him and he heard Virgil mutter something while opening a cabinet.

"Do you remember waking up earlier, around seven?" He said, Virgil a moment later coming into the room holding his favorite cup (black with a band logo on it).

"Mm... no, why?" He said after thinking for a moment. He sat down next to Logan, grabbing the pot and pouring tea into his cup. Luckily for him Logan had cooked another pot about fifteen minutes ago so the tea was still hot.

"My mother called, well, she facetimed me, and I answered. In my defence I'd woken up about three seconds earlier." Logan began, and Virgil gave him a blank stare.

"I have no idea where you're going with this, you know that, right?" He said, Logan ignoring him and continuing.

"I was still in bed when she called, and since it was a video call she ended up accidentally seeing you." He finished, seeing Virgil understanding what he was saying.

"Oh. So, she knows?" He asked and for a moment Logan felt a bit weird about it. He was finally out to his mother, it was slightly strange.

"Yes, she'd have to be delusional not to know after seeing me and another man in bed, especially as you kissed my cheek." Logan pointed out, smiling a little at his boyfriend, wondering if telling him about that would make him remember it.

"I did? Oh no, is that why she saw us? Did I out you?" Virgil asked, sounding far more worried than Logan had wanted him to and he reached out and placed his hand on Virgil's.

"It's alright, it was about time my parents found out anyway. I am kind of relieved they know, actually." He ran his thumb over the back of Virgil's hand and Virgil turned his hand to lace their fingers together.

"How'd they take it?" Virgil wondered, sipping his tea.

"My mother took it well, she texted me to assure me of her support. My dad has yet to make a comment, he might not know, I'm unaware if my mom told him or not." Logan made a mental note to text his mom and ask if she had told him yet or if that was something Logan would have to do himself.

"Oh, I almost forgot to mention, my parents will be visiting in an hour." He added because he did need to inform Virgil of that, and Virgil almost choked on his tea.

"In an hour?" He set his cup down on the table.

"You of course don't have to meet them, if you don't feel ready to, there will surely be other opportunities to meet my parents." Logan assured, not wanting Virgil to feel forced to take this step today.

"No, today's fine. I don't want to have to hide away somewhere until they're gone. I just... I really need to shower and get dressed." He said, giving Logan a look that clearly read 'couldn't you have woken me up earlier', even though Logan knew getting Virgil to wake up earlier would have been near impossible.

He kissed Virgil's cheek, squeezing his hand. "Don't stress, love."

"I think I should be telling you that. Did you clean the entire apartment?" Virgil said, raising a brow.

"It's common courtesy to clean before inviting guests into your home."

"Don't think I don't see the way you rearranged the bookshelf after the books color." Virgil said, giving him a look and Logan wondered if he should be feeling annoyed or touched that Virgil knew him so well.

"Perhaps I am a little nervous. But it's fine. You go shower and I'll check if we have any snacks at home or if I'll have to go down to the store to get some." Logan reassured him.

"Okay then." Virgil leaned in and kissed him, and Logan briefly thought of the possibility to instead join Virgil in the shower but pushed the thought away, this was not the time. He got up from the couch, helping Virgil up before letting go of his hand.

"Do you know if we have any cookies, or have you eaten them all?" Logan asked him, knowing of his boyfriends sweet tooth. Any time he bought snacks they'd be gone within a few days, and Logan himself was only partly to blame for that.

"There's an unopened box of cookies hidden behind the ramen noodles." Virgil admitted.

"Thank you. Now, go make yourself ready. I'll be fixing some last things and asking my mother if my father knows yet." Logan said, fishing his phone up from his pocket as Virgil left the room, mentally preparing himself since chances were he'd be the one to inform his dad that he was gay. He'd rather not have to come out, it felt unnecessary to have to.

Logan was quite happy to be (partly) out though, he and Virgil had been together for over a year and lived together, he could see himself spending his life with Virgil (it really was about time he came out), and he was glad that his parents would get to see how happy he was with the life he had built together with Virgil.

--

Written: 24th, 25th & 26th April & 8th & 9th May 2020
Published: 12th June
Words: 2059

Got a haircut a few days ago :D picture wont load tho, I hope I'll remember to put one next oneshot

Anyways um ask me random questions because I'm bored, literally ask anything