[132] - Sleepover

Yeet

Warnings: swearing, slight insecurity, tiniest bit of anxiety

--

Virgil was comfortably sat next to Patton and Logan. Roman was sat on Patton's other side, head leaning on Patton's shoulder as they watched their fifth episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine for the evening. He was already dressed in his pajamas, just as all the others.

Virgil glanced at Logan for a fraction of a second. They were sitting quite close. Or at least Virgil was closer to Logan than Patton. Was it noticeable to anyone except Virgil? They were not sitting too close. Were they?

Virgil cursed himself internally. He was overthinking, for sure. 

He watched Roman and Patton out of the corner of his eye. It seemed so easy for them. They were sitting closely together, Patton putting an arm around Roman as Virgil watched. Just like that. As if it was nothing.

Maybe it was nothing for them, and Virgil wished he could be as relaxed and confident as they were. But even if he was it would still be considered quite strange for him, Virgil, to be leaning against Logan. It did not align with who he was, to be all touch-y with any of the others, at least not to Roman's or Patton's knowledge.

And Virgil wanted it to remain that way. He was terrified of somehow giving away his and Logan's relationship by glancing at him for too long. Or sitting too close. Or just doing anything at all that could make the others aware of his and Logan's very secret relationship. 

The world might end if they found out. Or maybe not. Perhaps Virgil was overthinking it slightly. That was very possible. Very likely. 

Virgil bit back a sigh and shifted his position slightly, sitting in a more comfortable way. This was all Roman and Patton's fault for suggesting they all had a sleepover in the living room. There hadn't really been any opportunity to say no without upsetting them, so here he was, sitting with the others on the floor of the living room.

Or perhaps Virgil couldn't call it the floor any longer, Roman had transformed it into a comfortable and soft mattress so that they could all sleep and sit comfortably. 

Fine, Virgil would admit, they had had a really nice evening so far. They had all eaten dinner together, played a few board games, watched four and a half episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine (so far) and they had five kinds of snacks. There was nothing to complain about, really. 

Except that Virgil was strangely frustrated by the fact that if he and Logan would be sitting like the other two sides currently were it would be seen as something strange, something special and unlike them. Questions would be asked, assumptions made, maybe there would be some teasing remarks, and Virgil did not have the energy for any of it.

No one ever even batted an eye when Roman or Patton did something like that. Virgil would never be seen in that way, and it was unfair. And it was stupid that it was just this night that all he wanted was to feel Logan's arms around himself. Stupid. Insanely stupid. Virgil was becoming pathetically attached to Logan, to his touch. That was embarrassing to admit to himself.

But, since the two of them had started out their relationship Virgil had really realized how touch starved he'd used to be, and how hard it was to refrain from physical contact when he knew there was now a certain someone who had nothing against letting Virgil sit between his legs. Virgil wish that was him right now, back resting against Logan's chest, Logan resting his head on top of Virgil's, his arms securely around Virgil.

And now that he'd accidentally thought of that he became even more aware of how his skin almost itched for human touch. Too bad the two of them were stuck on this sleepover, and too bad the last thing he and Logan wanted were for the others to know of their relationship.