[157] - Meeting Parents

Warnings: slight mention of a homofobic mother and the tiniest hint of a father thats out of the picture (aka, his existence isn't mentioned) but otherwise no

--

"Dad, father," Logan said, looking at his parents who were sat in their living room and intently watching the tv, "I've got something I'd like to say."

"What is it, darling?" His father, who was lying over almost the entire couch and with his head in his husband's lap, said. Both of them had abandoned whatever show was playing on the tv and were now looking at him with interest, both calm which they would likely stop being once Logan had said what he'd come to tell them.

"Don't tell me you're straight." Logan rolled his eyes and his dad looked down at his husband with a scoff, flicking a finger against his cheek in what was supposed to be a scolding manner.

"Roman, my love, be quiet. Logan, what were you going to say?" Logan sat down on the little bit of couch that was left for him. His dads knew very well he liked boys (and Logan knew that even if he was straight that wouldn't be a problem, that'd be absurd, his father just thinks he is funny).

"Right, well, I have figured that it is time that I tell you that I've got a boyfriend." Logan said and his father immediately sat up with a gasp, almost knocking his head into his husbands and Logan resisted the urge to once again roll his eyes at his fathers.

"What! Patton did you ear that? Logan tell us everything! Where did you meet, when did you get together, what's his name, when will we meet hi-" He started, just as Logan knew he would. He had expected an abundance of questions but thankfully his father was silenced by his dad putting his hand over his mouth to stop him from continuing on with his ramble.

Undoubtedly they were both just as excited and eager for him to tell them every detail, which Logan was not terribly keen on but he had been planning on telling them about this for weeks now and supposed a few questions could be answered.

"His name is Virgil, we met through school since we share two classes but we only really started talking since we're both part of the debate club and the school's gsa. I enjoyed his company and he seemed to return the sentiment which led to us  spending time together. We have been boyfriends for two months and a few days." He said. Just the reminder of that almost made Logan smile.

"Will we get to meet him?" His dad asked carefully, clearly hoping it would be soon, which it would since the only reason Logan was really telling them all this was because he wanted to bring Virgil over. They did not really have anywhere better to spend time after school.

"Perhaps I will bring him over today after school. It depends." Logan said, having already discussed this with Virgil many times but he knew that Virgil might decide whenever that today wasn't a good day, and Logan respected that. If Virgil felt too anxious then this could wait.

"What food does he like? I'll cook something special!" His dad pushed up his glasses and grinned excitedly, always excited to cook.

"I'm not quite sure, but whatever you cook is probably fine. He has no allergies." Logan said, not adding anything else since he'd said everything he'd needed to now.

"Okay. I'm really happy that you told us this." His dad said, smiling proudly as he'd always been prone to do whenever Logan shared anything with them, something Logan supposed had stayed with his dad ever since they'd first adopted Logan eleven years ago and been faced with a child that barely talked and despised feelings.

They'd somehow made him open up soon enough and both his dads loved to tell him about how they could never get him to be quiet and stop asking questions about everything after that. Logan couldn't say he despised feelings any longer either but they were sure inconvenient and hard to understand, that notion he stood by.