[63] - Taking A Break

Warnings: mentions overworking in the past (but like this is all fluffy), maybe swearing, nothing else I can think of

Short

--

These were the sort of moments that Virgil cherished the most. When he had finally managed to convince Logan that his own health was more important than his work.

Virgil hated how Logan would overwork himself, how he would deem it more important to fill in documents and plan ahead more work for the next week than to make sure he slept and ate enough. It was incredibly tiring to argue with Logan about this, he loved the nerd too much to just watch as he overworked himself.

But so far today was a victory.

He had made sure that Logan didn't forget to eat lunch, and he had even convinced Logan to take a bit if a break. So here they were, lying on Logan's bed, and Logan was lying partly on top of Virgil. His head was resting on Virgil's chest. Logan's had said he liked lying like this, because apparently he could hear Virgil's heartbeat, and that he for some reason found calming.

Virgil had one arm around his back, and a hand slowly running through his hair. Logan had fallen asleep maybe even ten minutes ago, but he kept carding through Logan's hair anyway, it was so soft, and Virgil loved how it felt between his fingers when he played with it. He was sure Logan himself would never admit to liking it when Virgil did this, but each time he had run his fingers through his hair Logan had practically melted into the touch.

He sighed in content, a small smile forming on his face. He wasn't tired enough to manage to fall asleep, but he sure had nothing against staying in this position for a while longer. Logan had told him that the break would only last for fifteen minutes, it had now been twenty five, but Virgil was not going to wake him up to tell him that.

It was simply impossible for Virgil to do that when Logan was being this cute and cuddly, he could not make himself cut this moment short. It was very rare that the both of them actually had the time to just lie down and spend a while together. Too often either of them had something to do that had to come before quality time. Especially Logan, since he was logic, and had many more responsibilities than Virgil even knew of.

He knows the moment will be over soon, that Logan is going to wake up and want to go back to working. But that's okay, because Virgil will make sure that he stays hydrated, takes breaks, and doesn't forget about dinner.

For now he will simply allow himself to enjoy their little break from responsibilities, and just let himself get lost in the calmness and fall a little bit deeper in love with Logan.

--

Written: 3rd September 2018
Published: 23rd September
Words: 542

Hi what do you mean this entire fic spanned from me imagining someone cuddling with me

Idk I just feel extra touch starved some days

I'm squishy, cuddle me, my hair is soft,run your fingers through it. Why isn't anyone doing this