[142] - Private

Warnings: deceit being annoying, secret being revealed

Based off this tumblr post

Tho I changed goth to emo

--

"So what's the big deal about people's dreams?" Logan asked, talking over Roman and Patton's pointless blabbering. What Thomas did not need was to only focus on his dreams, he needed to focus more on his work. Deceit turned to him and smiled, and Logan didn't at all like the way he was being looked at.

"Asked the logical boy who dreams of the emo boy." He said, as if he was narrating a story, voice not raised but based of how every other voice in the room quieted and he saw how all the others turned to stare at him he was fairly convinced that everyone had heard. Fuck.

Should he try to convince the others that this was yet another one of the lies that Deceit told? Logan did not think he could fool the others, the others had became much better at figuring out when they were being lied to lately.

"Oh, man... that was... private." Logan breathed, one hand reaching up to fix his glasses and the other grabbing the handrail to the stairs. He was feeling weirdly... calm? That might not be the right word.

He'd always imagined that if the secret would come out he would be feeling completely exposed, that the world around him would begin to dissolve, that he would panic.

But Logan mainly feels tired. Tired of the fact that he has no control over even his darkest secret, something that had never been spoken, never written down even in a diary. The fact that he felt those kind of feelings, that he felt them for Virgil, these are realizations and thoughts that has never left his mind.

"How could you possibly know that? I have never told anyone, I have not spoken about them even to an empty room, not even written it anywhere." He said, doing his best to forget the fact that everyone was still staring at him, but if he kept his eyes on Deceit maybe he could pretend it was only the two of them. That everyone did not hear everything that was being said.

"Oh, Logan, you lie so confidently to yourself, how can I not notice when the lies are so persistent and denied so forcefully?" Deceit spoke almost softly, but lips curling into a smile that could not be described kindly. Logan turned away from him. And all the others were still looking at him.

Logan closed his eyes, inhaling slowly, exhaling slowly, opening his eyes again.

"I suppose this is my cue to leave." He said, voice far more steady than it had reason to be, and he sent Virgil a quick glance, feeling that ever so persistent flutter in his chest at the sight of him, and he averted his eyes before even a second had passed and then he'd already sunk out of the room and into his own.

He found himself standing in the middle of his room, and a small sigh escaped him as he ran a hand through his hair, loosening his tie and letting it drop to the floor.