[163] - Fights

Warnings: parents who fight, virgil be gay panic at all times, swearing as always

Human au

Finally finished proofreading this

--

Virgil heard his phone buzz and when it didn't stop within a few seconds he, without tearing his eyes from his laptop screen, reached an arm behind him and patted on the bed until his fingers found his phone.

Getting a grip on it and holding it up in front of his face he could see the source of the disturbance, his friend was calling him. Normally Virgil would have been unaware of such an occurrence since he never had any of the sound or vibration settings turned on on his phone, but he must've accidentally enabled them.

"Hey, Logan, what's up?" Virgil said as he answered the phone, rolling over from his position on his side onto his back, staring up at the ceiling.

"Greetings, um, would it be alright if I came over?" Logan said, and before Virgil even had the time to say 'yes, of course' he could hear loud shouting from Logan's surroundings. He pretended he hadn't heard it.

"Yeah, sure, I'm not doing anything anyway." Virgil said, making a mental note to tell his parents that he likely couldn't come with them as they visited their friend later today because he would rather stay at home and hang with Logan.

"Alright, I will be over in approximately ten minutes." Logan said with noticeable relief in his voice. Virgil could hear what likely was a front door being shut.

"Okay, see you soon." Virgil said and Logan hung up. Virgil rolled out of bed, almost not landing on his feet on the floor and having to grab onto the mattress not to fall over. He pocketed his phone and walked downstairs, peeking into the kitchen as he passed it but finding it empty.

"Mom?" He called and two voices immediately answered from the living room. He stopped in the doorway, watching as one of his moms reached for the remote and lowered the sound on the tv.

"Logan is coming over, just so you know, and also I might skip coming with you later today if Logan wants to stay over." He said, knowing that his mothers would not mind leaving him alone at home, especially if he had a friend over, they knew he wouldn't be doing anything irresponsible.

"That's alright, we're mostly going to be discussing adoption since Anne and her partner is considering it, that won't be terribly interesting for you anyway." Virgil nodded, lingering in the doorway for a moment, not sure why. He didn't really have anything else to say, and yet he wanted to say something.

"You look concerned, sweetie, is everything alright?" His other mom said, and Virgil shrugged, feeling a bit uneasy, not at the question but for Logan's sake, he hoped his friend was alright. Virgil himself had never had to endure parents fighting, but raised voices made him anxious. Luckily for him his mothers never felt the need to yell at him.

"It's fine, I just worry a bit about Logan. He seems uneasy to be at home." Virgil said, knowing that his friend hadn't been eager to spend time at his own home for the past few weeks, even though Logan had avoided talking about it.

"Oh, okay. Don't forget that you can always talk to us about anything and everything." One of his moms said with a warm and comforting smile.

"I won't." Virgil smiled back. He knew his moms were always there if he needed them.

"Oh, I made cookies yesterday, they're in a jar on the kitchen table. They're perfect for someone who's having a bad day, you two eat as many as you want." His mom quickly added, pointing towards the kitchen. Virgil nodded.