[71] - Love Potion

this is an old fic i forgot was finished lol

Warnings: none, swearing?

--

He found Logan and Virgil in the living room of the mindscape. They were standing by the couch, occupied in a conversation, most likely about something nerdy. Roman weighted the bottle in his hand, he needed to aim just right.

Roman threw the bottle at them which exploded by their feet when it shattered and then engulfed them in pink smoke. This was the perfect prank. He giggled, excited to see what would happen. But the only thing that happened was that Virgil and Logan coughed.

They looked at each other, then down at the remains of the bottle, and then they both turned towards Roman, without as much as smiling towards the other, how disappointing.

"What the actual fuck Roman?" Virgil said angrily, still breathing through the fabric of his hoodie sleeve after having held it up against his mouth, most likely from trying to not breathe in the pink smoke.

"What was the purpose of that?" Logan pushed his glasses up, also glaring at him. Roman just felt confused. There was a purpose of what he had done, but nothing had happened? This potion was supposed to make them heads over heels for each other for about five minutes. Why hadn't it worked? Did he make it wrong? Or maybe ...no that seemed impossible. That he had not counted with. But there was only one way to find out if his suspicions were right.

"Are you guys already in love?" The effect were immediate. Virgil blushed bright red and Logan froze in the middle of straightening his tie.

"W-what?" The anxious trait stuttered, attempting to glare even angrier at Roman, but he just looked nervous, so it didn't have the normal effect.

"What are you talking about?" Logan said, he sounded scared, Roman could tell even if Logan obviously tried to hide it. It was all the proof he needed. They were both so obvious about it.

"Oh my god, you're already in love with each other. That's why the love potion prank didn't work!" He exclaimed with a grin, laughing a little at them. Virgil narrowed his eyes.

"The what?" He said, looking threatening and taking a step closer to Roman who began to feel like he would have to run soon if he preferred to stay uninjured.

"I wanted to prank you, so I found a love potion, nothing strong, would've lasted at most for 5 minutes, and then threw it at you two. But you didn't change your behavior at all so either it didn't work, or you two are already heads over heels in love with each other. Now I'll leave you two alone, I'm sure you have things to talk about." He explained quickly before dashing out of the room before Virgil decided to punch him in his face.

God, he needed to tell Patton this, he had been suggesting that Logan and Virgil liked each other for ages. He'd be so happy, his ship is sailing!

--

In the living room Logan and Virgil looked after him in a stunned silence before turning back towards each other. Logan opened his mouth to say something, but what it was he wanted to speak about Virgil didn't find out, because he panicked and sank out of the room before a sound had escaped from between Logan's lips. Back in his room he just paced around in circles.

What is wrong with him? What was Logan going to ask him? Was Roman right when he said that they both were in love? He sure had feelings for Logan (which he had hid for a long time, but that was all for nothing now, thanks to Roman) but he could not imagine that Logan would feel this way about him.

He groaned loudly in frustration. His day so far was not ideal. He had definitely not wanted Logan to find out about his feelings, and definitely not in this way. But there was no possibility that Logan was not aware of how he felt now.

--

Logan was confused. He hated being confused, he was logic for heaven's sake, he should never be confused. But Virgil always confused him. At first he had been perplexed by the feelings he felt for the other side, and now he was confused over how Virgil felt for him.

Virgil had not disagreed with what Roman had suggested, which pointed towards the fact that Virgil after all did like him that way. But when Roman had left them alone to talk about what he had suggested to them Virgil had left. What that meant he did not know, and he felt very uncertain at the moment. But he knew that the only way to know how Virgil felt for him was to actually ask him.

And that he feared more than he'd like to admit.

He had been about to ask Virgil if he held romantic attractions towards him. Too bad Virgil had disappeared, probably to his room, before he had had the chance to ask. Could he take it if Virgil didn't feel the same?

He would have to, because he had to know, now when he might have a chance to make something from these useless feelings. And Roman did say that what he had thrown at them was a love potion, and the reason why it didn't work was because they were already in love. Logan was definitely in love with Virgil, but he had always doubted the existence of an actual love potion.

So, of course, he went to Virgil's room to ask him. He stopped outside of his door, trying to prepare himself. Living in incertitude was suddenly much more unbearable than it had been before. Maybe because he now felt hopeful. He decided not to knock on the door, Virgil would most likely not let him in since he did not seem very eager to talk to Logan before.

So Logan just opened the door and stepped inside. Virgil's room was as always pretty dark but his eyes got used to it quickly and it did not take him long to spot the anxious side. Virgil looked like he was in deep thought, he sat on his bed with his head leaning against his hand while absentmindedly running his fingers over a purple patch on his hoodie.

"Virgil."

Virgil practically jumped when hearing his voice and he stood up quickly. He turned to Logan and looked at him, wide eyed. At first he looked scared, as if he didn't know how to handle the situation. And then it looked like he decided something, because he gave a small nod as if telling himself yes.

He walked right up to Logan, and before he had the time to really register what was going on, they were kissing. Virgil's hands were cupping his face, and his lips were pressed against Logan's. Logan kissed back, not knowing what to do with his hands, but settling with resting them against Virgil's chest. Then Virgil took a step back, creating distance between them. He breathlessly looked at Virgil, whose face was flustered pink and he was breathing heavily as if he had just ran from Patton when he had gotten a hold on a NERF-gun. (Something that Logan hoped they'd never have to experience again, once was enough.)

"I'm sorry, I just completely stopped thinking." He said and looked like he regretted the kiss deeply. He was most likely overthinking everything at the moment and Logan tried to find his voice, which was surprisingly hard.

"I am certainly not complaining, so there is no need to apologize," Logan said, taking Virgil's hands in his, and smiling at him with his heart hammering in his chest, "Roman was right, I am definitely heads over heels for you, and I was long before any love potion got involved."

"I love you." Logan then said, watching as a tiny, tiny smile appeared on Virgil's face, and he looked at Logan with such fondness that he had to focus on remembering to breathe.

"I love you too. And I have for a long time."

"Good," Logan cleared his throat, smiling, "best news I've heard since Roman said he burned Patton's NERF-guns."

Virgil laughed, then leaning closer and kissing him softly on his lips, and Logan thinks that maybe he should thank Roman.

--

Written: 11th May & 22nd & 31st July 2018
Published: 4th November 2018
Words: 1452

I don't know lol

I wish wattpad doubled as some sort of live show site, but it doesn't so like,,,,should I do a Q/A at the end of some chapter?? Do you guys have questions for me?