[180] - Frustration And Chess

ye

Warnings: sad logan, logan isnt listened to, uhhh idk

Ik I don't have to say sorry but still sorry for like never publishing )):

--

Logan was unsurprised to find his boyfriend sitting on his bed, he had suspected this might be the sight awaiting him, well aware Virgil had been watching along with the filming of the latest video even if he did not participate. Logan had sank up right into his room afterwards, while not having physically joined the video he had not been in his room meanwhile, knowing that if anyone wanted something they would go there to find him. He hadn't wanted to be disturbed.

"L." Virgil said rather softly and surely noticing how Logan wasn't meeting his eyes, and Logan walked right past him, towards his mirror. He loosened his tie, sighing quietly as he looked at his own reflection. He could see Virgil get up from the bed and come up behind him. Logan pulled the tie away and let it fall to the floor. 

"I'm fine." He said, near wincing at how untrue that sounded even to himself. Virgil placed his hands on Logan's hips, resting his chin on Logan's shoulder. 

"You sound like you're still Deceit. Or, well, Janus." Virgil said and Logan scowled at the mirror. Virgil wrapped his arms around Logan's waist and pressed a small kiss to his cheek. Usually such gestures of affection were pretty effective in improving Logan's mood, but he was unusually angry and disappointed, tired. He'd expected everything to be better now, during the video where Remus revealed himself they had all really listened to him, they had allowed him to help and use his knowledge for something good, finally.

This was a harsh pull back into reality. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Virgil asked, still holding onto him and Logan was slightly relieved that he hadn't let go yet. 

"No. Well... I don't know." He admitted, sighing deeply afterwards. Logan turned away from the mirror, not wanting to stand there and have to look at himself, stepping out of Virgil's hold even if he didn't really want to. He sat down on his bed where Virgil had previously sat, crossing his arms over his chest. Virgil stayed where Logan left him, looking unsure if he was allowed to follow. 

"It's so... so frustrating. They just-" An angry-sounding noise left him and he pressed his lips shut, staring at NASA poster on his wall and trying not to cry, because that would be very embarrassing, but there were tears wanting to escape his eyes. He would not allow himself to cry over this. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes until he felt somewhat pulled together. 

"I don't understand how it is so hard for them to just- to just listen to me." He continued, them deciding he better not say anything else because only saying that almost made him break down. He took a moment to only breathe, composing himself. Then he uncrossed his arms, reaching out for Virgil because he wants him there with him rather than standing across the room. Virgil didn't hesitate and climbed into bed with him, first hugging him and then sitting close and with an arm around Logan's shoulders. 

"Talking about it can probably help, but it can wait until later, when you feel ready to. For now, would you rather be distracted?" Virgil asked.

"Yes, I think so." He said, even if he had no distraction in mind that would suffice. He was reaching a breaking point when it came to not being listened to, had been for very long now. Logan was tired of being dismissed and ignored. 

"Alright, how'd you like to be distracted? A walk in the imagination, tv show or movie, documentary, read a book, play a game of chess or cards, play video games, take a bath, cuddle, solve a crossword or sudoku together, go stargaze in the imagination?" Virgil rambled, likely suggesting anything he could think of. Logan pondered that for a moment, liking the thought of chess but also cuddles, and those were difficult to do simultaneously.