[70] - Just A Kiss

Hi :>

I wanna write a halloween oneshot. I mean, I'm gonna, but it's not gonna be posted on halloween, sadly

--

Virgil was in his room, half lying down on his bed and mindlessly scrolling through tumblr on his phone when someone suddenly opened the door, coming inside and closing it after themselves. As a reflex he jumped up into a sitting position, then relaxing and lying back down after a second when he saw who it was who had barged in.

"You can knock on the door you know?" Virgil said, raising an eyebrow at Logan who only cleared his throat. He looked around the room, maybe looking for a place to sit down, then settling on staying where he was stood, because he didn’t move.

"Apologies." Logan said stiffly. Virgil put his phone down, slowly sitting up again and really looking at Logan for the first time since he appeared in his room. He was avoiding direct eye contact with Virgil, at the moment he was stood with his gaze fixed on one of his Twenty One Pilots posters that he had recently hung up. He was fidgeting with a pencil that he was holding in his left hand, his back was straight, he seemed tense. With surprise Virgil realized that Logan appeared to be nervous.

"Get it out with, Logan, I can tell there’s something you want to say." Virgil said, and Logan turned his attention from the poster, finally looking at him. Virgil, as he had so many times before, had to ask himself how Logan could have such an intense gaze. It was as if he was unable to look away when Logan locked eyes with him.

"Yes, I suppose it is indeed illogical to be nervous to simply ask a question." He mumbled, mostly to himself. He smoothed down a wrinkle on his jeans, then taking a deep breath before talking.

"I have recently found myself wondering about the action of kissing. I fail to see the point in it, I cannot understand why so many people enjoy it as much as they do. I realized that I could always ask someone to explain it, and you were the first I came to think of, because after all you are the one I am the most comfortable around." Logan continued, and Virgil felt slightly honoured that Logan trusted to ask him things, but also slightly awkward, because he really had no idea how he would explain how it felt to kiss someone.

"Uh, well, it's hard to explain…" Virgil started, trailing off and not really knowing what to say. It’s not like he knew too much about kissing. (He'd only ever kissed Patton once when they were playing truth or dare, and he was not sure that that quick peck on Patton's lips could really be considered a real kiss.)

"Then could you show me?" Logan asked, and Virgil had to take a moment to fully understand what Logan actually meant.

"You- you mean…?" Was all Virgil thought to say, and Logan nodded.

"Purely for experimental reasons. Of course you are allowed to decline, in that case I am sure I can find someone else to help me." Logan stated, and Virgil thought over his two options for a moment. He surely wouldn't mind kissing Logan, for several reasons. One reason being that he had a crush on him, and that this might be his only chance to do so.

"I mean, sure, I don't see why not." He said, trying to sound casual and like this wasn't an extremely unusual thing for him to do.

"Thank you, I wasn't enjoying the thought of having to ask someone else. You're the one that I find it easiest to talk to since you never ridicule me even when my questions are stupid." Logan said, and before Virgil had the time to form a reply Logan advanced on him, holding a hand out to him. Virgil took it, and Logan helped him up from his bed. They were now standing mere inches apart, and Virgil tried to not let it show how much faster than normal his heart was beating.

"Right," Logan breathed, "I'm not entirely sure how to…"

He fell silent, he must've realized he didn't need to explain himself further, Virgil understood what he meant anyway. He smiled, a small, nervous smile, and then leaned in, capturing Logan's lips with his. Virgil's lips moved against Logan's, and after a second Logan kissed back. Virgil felt Logan hesitantly place his hands on Virgil's waist, and maybe this had been a bad idea, because how was Virgil supposed to ever get over his feelings for Logan after this?

He let his hands cup Logan's face, one hand soon moving so that he was able to run his fingers through Logan's hair, and cradle the back of Logan's head in his hand. He melted into the kiss, almost losing himself in the feeling of Logan's lips pressed against his, and Logan's hands on his hips, gripping to him and keeping them as close as they were. Virgil wasn't actually sure if he would be able to ever think of anything else than kissing Logan after this.

When Virgil finally willed himself to pull back Logan chased his lips for a second, then keeping his eyes closed for several moments before reopening them slowly and looking at Virgil. It seemed to take him a moment to find his voice, and Virgil couldn't blame him.

"Interesting." Logan said breathlessly, and apparently that was all he intended to say for the time being, because after that he fell silent again. Virgil took a step back, hoping that a little distance between them would make it easier for him to calm his heart down. Virgil looked at Logan, he hadn't moved at all and his breathing was as heavy as Virgil's, his hair was messier than it had been before, since Virgil had run his fingers through it, and damn if Logan's lips didn't look even more appealing to him now.

"So, what have you discovered?" Virgil asked, breaking the silence that had formed around the two of them and trying to keep himself from thinking about how much he want to kiss Logan again. It confused him how this seemed to have only increased his need to feel Logan's lips against his, he'd have thought this would satisfy him, not cause him to feel even more desperate.

"I can now see the reason why people enjoy this kind of intimacy. It is surely stimulating, and it is consistent with the studies I have read of this matter. Though I am feeling many things that I had not accounted for." Logan replied, still not fully having caught his breath.

"Oh?" Was all that Virgil thought to say. He didn't know where Logan was going with this, he didn't know how to act now. Was he supposed to just go back to mindlessly scrolling through tumblr?

Logan didn't speak, and neither was he looking like he was about to leave Virgil's room either, he just stood there and looked like he didn't really know what to do, or how to react, until Virgil was beginning to feel that the silence between them were unbearable. Logan opened his mouth, about to say something, then closing it again. Then he looked like he was finally deciding on what to do, because he opened his mouth to speak again, and this time he had found the words he had been searching for.

"Can I kiss you again? For non experimental reasons this time, but simply because ...I found that I enjoy it." Logan said, a pink tint on his cheeks, and how was Virgil supposed to say no to that?

"Please." He said, maybe a bit too quickly, but what did that matter when Logan stepped closer, tilted his head slightly to the right and pressed his lips to Virgil's. Virgil felt Logan carefully cup his face, his thumbs caressing his cheeks and jaw as Virgil wrapped his arms around Logan's middle. This kiss was just as gentle and slow as the last one, but this time they were a bit less nervous, not feeling like they didn't really know what they were doing.

"I think I may really like you, more than I had previously realized." Logan murmured against his lips and Virgil smiled.

"Then I might as well confess that I do really like you." Virgil said when they finally separated, then stealing another kiss. Logan grinned happily, looking slightly dazed.

"I'd say this experiment was a success." Logan stated and Virgil chuckled.

"Maybe we should collect more evidence?" Virgil asked, Logan rolled his eyes but brought his lips to Virgil's once more.

--

Written: 16th & 17th, 18th , 20th September 2018
Published: 30th October 2018
Words: 1507

I don't remember writing this lol

We all need to be told this, so in case no one told you this lately: You're loved, by a lot of people. Me included, I love you <3