[120] - Leave

Virgil is so out of character i weep

Prince au or whatever it's called

They're like,,,, 22-26 years old idk

--

He'd gotten the news only a day ago, his parents briefly mentioning it during breakfast and refusing to discuss it further when Logan had protested.

The oh so simple words, that Logan really should have been prepared of hearing sometimes soon, had left him with a strangely numb feeling of nothingness that suffocated his thoughts as he had stared down at his breakfast that he'd previously been enjoying.

Logan had tried to comprehend the meaning and consequences of what they were saying, which took his slow brain far too long. He'd kept his calm composure and asked his parents why it was necessary for their arrangement to proceed.

Now, Logan of course understood why they had to unite their kingdoms for political reasons, he understood the reasoning completely. But he couldn't find it in himself to care in the slightest about that. The price was far too big for him to pay.

Logan thought that he'd been fine being married away to a princess if it wasn't for the fact that he already had someone close that he couldn't bear to lose. Engaging in a relationship with someone else when married, there were no kind punishment for that. Especially if it came out to the public that Logan’s lover was a man.

It was positively dreadful news that he'd have to be married not to his love, for no one could know who already had Logan's heart, but to a princess of another kingdom. Someone he had never even met. He thought he might have been able to live in such a relationship without it taking all the joy from his world, if it weren’t for the fact that his lover was the source of all Logan's joy.

It had been a day ago he'd been told that their marriage were to be held in a week. Logan couldn't help the countdown in his head that slowly but surely moved closer towards the day he dreaded the most. Logan wished he could just forget about it, spend the last few days of 'freedom' without the heavy weight on his chest and the void of feelings in his heart.

Logan wanted to immerse himself in his work and forget about everything, not spending time with any other living beings, but the world wasn't that kind. He still had to join his parents for meals, and a prince he was never really lonely.

Logan had tried to get on with his work during the whole day, but the void of feelings and the quiet in his mind would not let him concentrate, and neither would it let him rest as he tried to sleep when dark began to fall.

Not long after that Logan had pulled his clothes back on, a strong urge to get out of the castle steering his steps. Now he found himself sitting on a high cliff where he could see the capital city of his parents (and his future) kingdom stretching out before him.

A whole kingdom which he could not give what he should, a kingdom whose rules did not allow him to live happily. Logan did not know what to do. For the first time in his life he was completely without answers to a problem.

Still he could not find any easy or even a difficult solution. Whether he liked it or not he was going to be married away to someone neither he or his parents really knew. Logan was cursing himself for not expecting this. It was not strange at all that they had stepped in and found him a wife when he was already 26 years of age and had not found anyone for himself.

Except he had, but no one needed to know that. When he was younger he had feared exactly this happening, but his parents had never once mentioned anything about him marrying and he had ended up thinking that they weren't going to bring it up. He'd been stupid to think like that. He should've prepared for this, even if Logan didn't know how he could've possible prepared for this situation.