[184] - Friend-Date

Warnings: idk but virgil gets stood up on a date, briefly mentions cheating that might have happened, swears like once

Summary: virgil gets stood up on a date and to cheer him up logan takes him out because why not, what could go wrong

--

Already when Logan heard the door to his and his friend's apartment open and close he knew that was a bad sign. He was not supposed to be home yet.

The book he had previously been reading was placed on the coffee table and he sat up straight, waiting for his friend to come into the room. As soon as Virgil came into the room his suspicions were confirmed. Virgil stared right at Logan and-

"I hate dating." He exclaimed, sitting down heavily on the couch, arms crossed over his chest. Most would assume Virgil was annoyed or angry, which he was, but Logan could sense the slight hurt in his voice.

"What happened?" He asked and Virgil sighed and leaned back, grumpily staring at the wall.

"My date apparently gets off on standing people up." He muttered.

"I mean, is it too much to ask to get a 'I can't come, sorry, I don't think we will work out' text a few hours before the date starts instead of twenty minutes after he's supposed to be there?"

"Oh." Logan said, feeling unreasonably disappointed in a person he had never met. Did he know what he was missing? Virgil deserved so much better.

"I'm sorry that happened to you, men are terrible." Logan said, satisfied to see Virgil's lips twitch into an almost smile.

"Yeah, men are terrible." He agreed, then frowning again.

"I hate that I'm the one feeling awkward and embarrassed about this, it should be him feeling these things, I've not done anything wrong. Except for believing anyone would ever actually want to date me." The last part was said ironically but Logan wasn't stupid enough to believe Virgil didn't base his self deprecating comments on things he actually thought about himself. Logan couldn't have that.

"I'll take you out." Logan said before really thinking, almost surprising himself with his words.

"Are you serious?" Virgil said, staring at him, looking very unsure if Logan was joking or not.

"Yes. It will be like a friend-date. A platonic date. You're already dressed up to go out, so why not?" He said, a jittery feeling in his gut as Virgil still just stared at him. Then he slowly grinned.

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." He said with a quiet chuckle, shaking his head.

"Is that a yes?" Logan asked, knowing Virgil well enough to know what the response would be.

"Yeah. Sure, let's do a friend-date." He snorted, then trying to look serious as he spoke again. "Like, right now, or?"

"We might as well, we can get something to eat." He said knowing that they were both likely hungry as it was dinnertime.

"Okay." Virgil agreed and Logan excused himself for a moment to change his sweatpants and t-shirt into a pair of black jeans and a short sleeved blue button-up, plus his favorite space themed tie (Virgil wouldn't judge him).

Virgil was already waiting in the hallway when Logan was done changing, Logan's space-themed umbrella already in his hand, reminding Logan of the fact that it had been raining for almost two days. It was easy to forget when it was weekend and he didn't have to leave the apartment.

He put his shoes on and Virgil opened the door, closing and locking it behind then both before they made their way down the stairs and to the entrance of their apartment building.