[33] - Who Needs To Know How To Dance

Uh do people in other countries have their shoes on inside??? No one in Sweden ever does that so this is really confusing to me? Like, you take them off so you don't drag in dirt from the street into your house??? Why are you walking with dirty shoes on your carpet you heathens??

--

They were sitting on the couch together, Logan with a book in his hand and Virgil leaning against him, his hood up and his eyes closed as he listened to the quiet music playing from the bluetooth speaker that he had put on the table in front of the couch.

The room was a bit dim, the only light came from the lamp standing next to the couch, and it wasn't a very strong lamp either. It was quite late, but the two of them had no intention of going to bed yet. It was nice to be able to spend time in each others presence, not necessarily engaging in conversation, just being in the same room. Logan highly valued every moment of alone time he got with Virgil.

The song changed and Virgil suddenly sat up. Logan looked at him, putting his book down as he saw his boyfriend put his feet down on the floor and stand up. Virgil reached over and raised the volume slightly. It still wasn't very loud though. They didn't want to bother any of the other sides, it was the middle of the night after all, but since the room was so silent they could hear it clearly.

Virgil turned back around and stood in front of Logan, reaching a hand out towards him. Logan only looked at him with a expression of confusion. Why should he stand up? He was perfectly content sitting down and listening to the music. But Virgil made a hand gesture, insisting that he takes his hand, so he does.

Virgil grabs his hand tightly and pulls him up from the couch so that they are standing close together. Then he drags Logan with him to the middle of the room. Logan raises an eyebrow as if to ask what Virgil is doing, but instead of explaining what his intentions are he just places his right hand on Logan's waist, his left hand is still holding Logan's in a firm grip.

They sway to the tact of the music and Logan's other hand found Virgil's shoulder. He gave Virgil a hesitant glance, not entirely sure if that was where he was supposed to put his hand, before looking down at the floor to make sure he didn't accidentally step on his feet. Why they were doing this was still a mystery to him, not that he was complaining. He actually found this activity to be rather nice, he realized.

"Virgil, what is the point of this? I cannot dance." Logan mumbled, looking amused as they both stumbled.

"So? Neither can I." He said with a laugh and held Logan closer to him so that he with ease could lean in and kiss him, which is exactly what he did. Logan kissed back until Virgil broke the kiss to catch his breath.

Virgil held their hands over their heads and Logan spun around like people did in movies when they danced, only less gracious, and they both giggled at the fact that they were doing something so silly. Virgil and Logan were not the ones known to be sappy, yet here they were, dancing clumsily together and laughing as how bad they were at it.

The corner of Virgil's eyes crinkled and he let out a quiet laugh when Logan dipped him, probably both from surprise and fear that he would be dropped to the floor because his grip around Logan tightened. He smiled up at Logan who leaned down and kissed him before pulling him up so that they stood face to face again.

"What were you saying about you not being able to dance?" Virgil smiled, a very fond expression on his face as he looks at his boyfriend who just shrugged.

The song ended and another one, a slower song, started playing. Virgil silently hummed along with it, apparently familiar with the song, which wasn't strange since it was his playlist that was playing. In moments like these Logan was always hit with the insight of how much he had evolved when it came to things such as this.

Dancing with Virgil in the middle of the night? Such a thing would never have occurred to him even as a thought before they got together. And yet here they were, dancing. And Logan wouldn't trade it for the world.

Their bodies moved with the music and they held their arms around each other protectingly. Not even Logan payed any attention to the thought in the back of his mind that told him that they should go to sleep soon to get the optimal amount of sleep needed to function. For some reason it didn't seem very important at the moment.

Neither of them wanted this night to end. They leaned their foreheads together and Virgil let go of his hand, now placing both of his hands on Logan's waist. Logan, who still wasn't sure what to do with his hands, did the same.

They both silently laughed as they stumbled for a second time. Luckily they didn't fall this time either, and after a second of them wobbling worryingly they steadied themselves and continued their attempt at dancing together. Virgil's eyes shone with amusement and he tilted his head so that he could with more ease kiss the corner of Logan's mouth.

He only smiled, rubbing small circles on Virgil's waist with his thumbs. He was so utterly in love with him that he sometimes wondered how he could have ever managed to function without him. Logan told him that, which made Virgil blush and admit that he often asked himself the same thing.

Virgil rested his head on Logan's shoulder, smiling faintly as they did their best to do this whole dancing thing without injuring themselves. They seemed to have gotten the hang of it though and the one time they actually did fall over they blame it on the fact that it is really late and that they are both half asleep. Luckily no one walked in on them lying on the floor, still holding hands and laughing, as quietly as they can, until they can barely breathe.

It's true that neither of them knew how to dance, but oh, how little it mattered that night.

--

Written: 29th & 30th April 2018
Published: 18th May 2018
Words: 1134

I know nothing about dancing so it's a miracle that I was able to write this

Boom, started writing at 9pm -ish, finished it at 12:47am