[38] - Sleepy Cuddles

We all need more fluff and sleepy cuddles

My wifi didn't wanna let me publish this

--

Virgil blinked, looking out into the darkness of his room. Something had woken him up and it took his sleepy mind a moment to realize someone was standing by his bed. If he wasn't used to Logan going to bed this late he would've probably pissed himself in fright. He had actually screamed the first time Logan had appeared by the foot of his bed in the middle of the night.

But it was a normal occurrence by now so he just patted the empty space next to him to signal that it was okay for Logan to lie down. As usual Logan had his black blanket draped over his shoulders and Virgil smiled at him while attempting to blink away the tiredness from his eyes so that he could look a him.

"You can just lie down without waking me up you know." He mumbled, his sleepy voice barely audible. He didn't know why Logan never just came into his room and laid down next to him. Logan always woke him up first (if Virgil hadn't already been awake or woken up from the unexpected movement in his room), maybe he always wanted to be certain that he was actually welcome.

"Sorry I-" Logan started but Virgil cut his apology short by reaching his hand out and pulling Logan onto the bed. There was no need for him to apologize, Virgil wanted him here. He always did.

"You're always welcome here. I like it when you come at night." Virgil suffocated a yawn, gazing up at Logan who was smiling but looked like he was just as tired as Virgil.

"Sleep." He said, shushing him before he had the chance to say anything else. He lifted his covers up and Logan crawled in underneath them. Virgil cuddled up to him, throwing an arm over his waist and burying his face in Logan's t-shirt. He could feel Logan press a kiss to the top of his head before sighing in content and lazily rubbing circles on Virgil's back.

This was something that happened often since they had gotten together. Logan would come to him late at night, silently and without words asking if he could stay until in the morning. Virgil never said no despite them trying to keep their relationship a secret. To be completely honest he really loved it, he slept much better with Logan there and it just felt so safe to be held by him.

He wasn't sure of the reason to why Logan came to him, maybe he too was comforted by it. Whatever the reason was he was happy that Logan was there. His arm hugged Logan tightly, he wanted to be as close to him as possible. He always tried to savor every moment he had with Logan. It was as if he thought that if he hugged Logan close enough he would never lose the feeling of being embraced by him.

"I love you." Logan whispered, his hand now playing with his hair and slowly massaging his scalp.

"Mh, love you too." He murmured sleepily, but with a smile that refused to go away. He felt exhausted, but in a comfortable way. He was practically half asleep and as relaxed as he could possibly be. During the day they didn't show each other much affection from fear of being walked in on, but the nights were theirs. With everyone else being asleep they had many hours to spend together. But since they as well needed to sleep they usually just ended up falling asleep together instead of doing some activity.

He didn't want to think of the morning that would eventually come. He didn't want Logan to leave. He didn't want to have to wait for the whole day to pass by to be able to hug him or kiss him again. This could of course easily be solved by actually telling the others about his and Logan's relationship, but neither of them wanted to do that just yet.

So instead he focused on every little detail of this moment, trying to imprint it in his memory how it felt to have one of Logan's arms around him and be held close to him. How it felt to be able to hear the steady rhythm of Logan's heartbeat and how calming it was to have someone play with his hair.

Moments like these might be seen as simple by many, but to Virgil and Logan they meant the world. Virgil knew that he would never forget the nights they spent together. Virgil shifted slightly, lifting his head up to kiss Logan's jaw before once again pressing his face against his chest.

They didn't need to speak, their smallest gestures sometimes spoke more clearly than any words could. It didn't take long before the both of them were fast asleep, and maybe, in the morning they would finally decide to let the others know of their romantic relationship.

--

Written: 9th & 10th May 2018
Published: 7th June 2018
Words: 868

uhhh someone cuddle me?

Heck, I actually like this one? I hope you did too?