Chapter 40 - A bolt out of the blue

Third Person P.O.V

Taehyung has been successfully avoiding Bogum for the last 2 weeks. He didn't receive any of his calls or reply his hundreds of messages. He is even avoiding Jimin and Hosoek right at this moment because he doesn't want to face anyone now.

Bogum is Jimin's cousin and this person and his family owe a lot to Taehyuung. He has already hurt Bogum by leaving him like that on that day and now he is afraid to face him.

How can he say 'no' directly to the person who once helped him and his family a lot?

Bogum was always there when he needed someone and now that he is asking something from him, he isn't capable of giving that. But he can't just give feelings like that to anyone. It doesn't work like that.

Marriage is a huge decision. And Taehyung is clearly not ready for it yet. Hell, he is afraid of the simple term 'Commitment', marriage is way out of his syllabus.

He is now getting ready for his clinic when he hears the doorbell ringing of his house. He furrows his brow. It's 11 in the morning and normally no one came to his house at this hour. He places his bag on the dining table of his dining area and walks past through the living room to stand before his entrance. 

He looks through the looking glass and his heart skips a bit.

Not early in the morning.

Taehyung whines visibly as he closes his eyes and then opens the door finding Jimin standing with an irritated face and Taehyung knows that face very well. There is anger hidden behind it.

Taehyung forces a nervous smile as he is very well known about Jimin's sudden appearance in this early morning.

"Hi."

"Took a long time to open the door?" Jimin drags himself inside as he says following behind Taehyung in the living room. 

Taehyung doesn't reply as he understands the glint of taunt in his tone. Jimin questions standing a little far from the omega, "You haven't been in our hangout for two weeks. I was worried."

Taehyung looks away as he tries his best to not face Jimin's angry gaze and he replies stuttering, "Yeah, ummm....clinic is going very busy these days. You heard of that new disease of dogs? It's getting really bad."

Jimin nods at that new information, letting all the reasons inside his head which he knows just mere excuses.  

Taehyung smiles as he tries to change the topic and offers him while going towards his kitchen, "Shall I make coffee for you?"

"Why? These days you like to make people a fucking idiots, no?" Jimin retorts. Snapping bitterly at the omega who gulps looking at him with wide eyes. He expected this coming.

"Did Bogum say something to you?" Taehyung softly asks looking with his sad eyes. He is also not feeling good about it. He is losing his friends in this whole mess. 

Jimin smirks sarcastically as he says rolling his eyes, "Thank God. You've at least some empathy in yourself to realize that you know, maybe you've hurt someone."

Taehyung looks down. Jimin huffs and says, "No, Bogum didn't say anything to me." His voice came softly. 

Jimin knows what is going on inside Taehyung's mind but he is scared that he might lose his best friend in this process because the omega is changing himself into someone that they can't even recognize anymore. 

"Min, please have a seat." Taehyung says but Jimin is done here. He is about to leave as he says, "No I...."

"Please, please, please. Sit." Taehyung takes his wrist in his hand and sits him on the couch. He himself sits beside Jimin.