Chapter 16 - Momentary

Third Person P.O.V

"Jungkook and Taehyung...strange no?" Jinwoon states with a wry smile while cutting his scrambled eggs that his girlfriend had made for them for breakfast.

They are currently sitting on their dining table, having breakfast at 8 in the morning. The beta is sitting at the front side of the table and his girlfriend is beside him who just looks up at him hearing the statement.

"Why? Jungkook is a handsome bruting type and Taehyung, a classic damn silly distress. I think it's the best match ever." Katharine replies dramatically, clapping her both hands in happiness as she looks no where with a wide smile on her face. Her every vowel came squealing as her very good american accent hit the beta's heart slightly. 

"Taehyung isn't Jungkook's type." Jinwoon bluntly says that clicking his tongue with a careless sound. He rolls his eyes, hitting his fork on his bread rather harshly as he says under his breath, "Best match ever."

"Basically you're feeling bad that Taehyung is not chasing you anymore. He told you thousands of times...
"I love you" and your response?" Katharine states the facts as she cuts her bacon. She looks aside at the beta as she leaves the fork and knife on the plate only to grab her coffee. She sips on it as she looks again at Jinwoon saying, "And now when he's telling you that he's not interested in you anymore, suddenly you're getting so upset." 

"I'm not upset. Please!" Jinwoon shrugs the fact as he loosens up his shoulder a bit. He nervously leans back on the chair as he throws his knofe and fork on the plate with a loud noise that flinches his girlfriend. He looks at no one knows where, blinking several times as he munches on the food that he just shoved inside his mouth a few seconds earlier. He looks at his girlfriend when he hears a faint chuckle from her.

"You don't need to be so defensive. I'm  just saying that whatever you are feeling for Taehyung.......I am not mistaking that for love." Her voice comes stern as she says that looking straight in his eyes and the male beta finds himself gulping hard. He sits up back and holds his girlfriend's hand softly.

"Baby I…..I love you." Jinwoon finds himself stuttering while saying that as if he himself is confused over his own feelings. To be honest, he is jealous but not for that he isn't with Taehyung anymore or the omega isn't chasing him anymore. He is jealous because maybe lowkey somewhere, he knew that Jungkook is way better than him and that one thought of seeing his ex with a better one is fuming the egoistic problem of men inside him.

"And….I'm not making the mistake of believing in you on that either." Katharine deadpans. Jinwoon's eyes got wider as he never expected such direct answers from the female beta. Her look was intimidating for some seconds but after that she flashes a smile like nothing happened a few minutes ago.

She stands up from her position. Holding her satchel she says with a mild smile which barely reaches her eyes, "I'm running late. I gotta go." She went away leaving a confused and stressed as hell beta in the dining table.

_______________________________

On the same day in the morning

"Come on Kook, pick up my phone man!" Jin sighs holding his phone as he has been trying to talk to the Alpha since last night but that crazy brother-in-law of his isn't picking his calls. He puts the phone on the table exhaling deeply.

"Today is Jennie's birthday. Let him be." Namjoon says while turning his vanilla flavoured pancake on the pan. He has been making breakfast for themselves since Jin came out pregnant. He places the pancake on a plate where few more pancakes were already laying beautifully as he took the plate up and sits beside Jin who is frowning at him.