Heroes and Monsters

The view opens to the Wyvern flying past the hijacked Atlesian Airship, as Ruby Rose looks on, with the surrounding Griffons roaming the skies. A Griffon lands on the airship, but Ruby easily cuts it down with Crescent Rose, causing it to disintegrate into black particles. But suddenly, she hears a snap, turning to see Neopolitan, now changing into her standard attire with a wave of light washing over her from bottom to top, as she winks after taking a picture of Ruby, sending it to a certain crime lord with the following text:

"Guess Who?"

Down below, Roman cries out in frustration.

"Oh, you can not be serious!"

Having realized his old foe is interfering yet again, the wanted criminal quickly picks up Melodic Cudgel and walks up to the top of the airship.

Right outside of Beacon's dining hall, Blake Belladonna backs away from the shattered window, staring in horror at her old partner.

Adam Taurus is wreathed in an evil light from the flickering flames behind him.

"Running away again? Is that what you've become, my love? A coward?"

Blake managed to ask a question through her fear.

"Why are you doing this?"

Adam replied emphatically.

"You and I were going to change the world, remember? We were destined to light the fires of revolution!"

He stomps on a downed Atlas student's chest.

"Consider this... the spark."

Then, as a horrified Blake watches, Adam draws Wilt, preparing to stab the student.

Blake charges into the dining hall, drawing her sword in a flash. Her blade clashes with his as she pushes him away from the student, and they stand with their blades locked.

Blake hardens her expression.

"I'm... not... running."

Adam smirked.

"You... will."

He kicks her away, knocking her onto the floor. A nearby Creep runs toward her, only to be shot by Adam.

Adam pauses before continuing with a deep venom in his voice.

"But not before you suffer for your betrayal, my love."

He smiles and begins walking toward her.

Back outside the Beacon grounds, Velvet Scarlatina groans as she struggles to get up, only to get knocked back down when Coco Adel bumps into her after getting knocked away from a Paladin out of view. The view pans with Neon Katt and Reese Chloris as they dodge and weave between groups of students fighting against Grimm plus the infected Atlesian Knights and Paladins. The rest of Team ABRN surrounds a Griffon attacking it with bullets and fireballs, as Bolin knocks a Knight aside. Reese spins her board and slices through another as she passes by it. Nearby Sun and Neptune try to hold back a Paladin, while Nora and Ren decimate another group of Knights. Team ORNG of Shade is efficiently dealing with a group of large, spiked Ursai. Yatsuhashi Daichi is seen fighting another Griffon while Fox Alistair dashes over from a pile of robot parts. Two Creeps rush at Flynt Coal who uses his trumpet to send the first one flying. Neon and Reese use their weapons to freeze a second Paladin's legs in place. Weiss Schnee then arrives on the battlefield, and charges in but gets swatted aside by its arm.

Neptune pauses, reaching his hand out.

"Weiss!"

A rush of wind and Tobias catches the flying Heiress. Sara strides up behind him with Lily. The bulk of Team STLL has arrived.