Friends huh?

Jaune protests loudly to the two walking with him.

"All I'm saying is that motion sickness is a much more common problem than people let on!" Then laughing, Ruby quips back.

"Look, I'm sorry! Vomit Boy was the first thing that came to mind." Smirking and crossing his arms, Y/N gave a second opinion.

"Honestly I think vomit comet is better." Ruby laughs even harder and Jaune looks at her, a little ticked off.

"Oh, yeah? What if I called you Crater Face?" Protesting against that name while Y/N silently looks on with a straight face, Ruby speaks out.

"Hey, that explosion was an accident!" Trying to change the subject, Jaune speaks up.

"Well, the name's Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue - ladies love it!" Both Y/N and Ruby look at Jaune skeptically and Ruby is the first to speak up.

"Do they?" Following her lead like they've practiced it, Y/N added to the doubt.

"Do they really?" Embarrassed and stuttering a bit, Jaune responds with a dent clearly visible in his pride 

"They will! Well, I-I hope they will. My mom always says that... Never mind." Ruby giggles and Y/N puts his poker face back on unsuccessfully, cracking a smirk. Then to end the awkward silence, Ruby speaks up 

"So... I got this thing!" She pulls out Crescent Rose and stabs it into the ground. Both Jaune and Y/N look at it with wonder. Jaune beats Y/N to the punch and exclaims excitedly.

"Whoa! Is that a scythe?" Proudly Ruby replies.

"It's also a customizable high-impact sniper rifle!" Now Jaune is confused.

"A-wha...?" Holding his face in his right hand, Y/N sighs and replies to Jaune.

"It's also a gun buddy." Jaune looks a little put out and replies.

"Oh. That's cool!" Then immediately, with a smile and a look of anticipation, Ruby asks Jaune a question.

"So what've you got?"

"Oh! I, uh..." He reaches down and unsheathes a blade.

"I got this sword!" He waves it around a bit for her to see. The stars appear in Ruby's eyes as the conversation has turned to her favorite thing to do, meet new weapons. She squeals and says excitedly.

"Ooooohh!" Seeing her response, Jaune continues.

"Yeah, and I've got a shield, too!" He gets his scabbard, raises his arm and expands the metal into his defense. Ruby comes closer and touches the shield, eager to learn it's secrets.

"So, what do they do?" Jaune fumbles with the shield as it retracts off his arm, expands, and retracts again before putting it back in place and finally shrinking it down for good, placing it on his belt. 

"The shield gets smaller, so when I get tired of carrying it, I can just... put it away..." Y/N snorts quietly at the lack of logic. Confused, Ruby cocks her head and asks Jaune a question.

"But... wouldn't it weigh the same?" Jaune dejectedly hangs his head and responds.

"Yeah, it does..." Ruby giggles and shrugs, pointing at her weapon.

"Well, I'm kind of a dork when it comes to weapons, sooo... I guess I did go a little overboard when designing it." Surprised, Jaune, looks at Ruby in awe.

"Wait - you made that?!" Ruby is a bit confused by the question, but still responds.

"Of course! All students at Signal forge their own weapons! Didn't you make yours?" Y/N smiles to himself. Realizing something about her scythe and cape. Jaune then replies to Ruby.