Extracurricular

The scene opens to Pyrrha gearing up in a locker room. As she walks out of the locker room, we cut to her sparring with Cardin Winchester and back again. Eventually, the fight scene includes the other members of Team CRDL.

While she is still exiting toward the arena, the scene cuts to her spar with Team CRDL.

Glynda approaches from behind Cardin who clutches his ribs.

Glynda calls out to the class as the fight is finished.

"And that's the match."

Cardin spits out in distaste.

"Lucky shot."

Cardin gives one last look of disgust at Pyrrha and collapses.

Glynda continues.

"Well done, Miss Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament."

In her soft voice, Pyrrha replied gratefully.

"Thank you, professor."

Glynda taps her Scroll.

"Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match."

Glynda looks around at the observing students.

"Any volunteers? Ms. Belladonna?"

Blake slams her book shut and stares wide-eyed at Glynda.

"You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you -"

Mercury raises his hand.

"I'll do it."

Glynda raises her eyebrow at him and taps her scroll.

"Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent."

"Actually, I wanna fight... her."

Mercury points to Pyrrha.

Pyrrha is taken aback.

"Me?"

Glynda clearly does not approve.

"I'm afraid Miss Nikos has just finished the match. I recommend you choose another partner.*

Pyrrha begins to reply.

"No, it's fine…"

She doesn't get a chance to finish. Y/N leaps into the arena and speaks softly to Pyrrha

"Pyrrha, I have a bad feeling about him, let me take this one."

Clearly conflicted, it takes Pyrrha a few moments to think it over. Then she whispers back at him.

"Fine, but I want a rematch. You and I haven't settled our score."

Y/N laughs. It was true in the ten times that they'd faced each other in combat, they'd had 8 draws and one victory each. Y/N had been careful though to not use the full extent of his semblance or Aura. There was no reason to burn her with his full Aura, punch her so hard that she flew through the wall, but the calculation part of his semblance he was happy to use. Pyrrah was one of the few fighters who could engage him, pull him down the rabbit hole so to speak. So stepping in for his friend was easy. It was something he did without a second thought.

Y/N speaks louder as he addresses Mercury.

"How bout it big shot? Am I a suitable replacement for my friend?"