Thunderous Applause, Punishment, and an New Resolve

Y/N sits on the step of the Xiao Long house and wipes the sweat off of his face. He plants Quake into the ground and pulls a scroll out of his pocket. His had been lost in the Battle of Beacon, but when he returned, John had been kind enough to give him a new one, and synching the new one with his old number and the data that had been on it was easy enough, even out here in the wilds of Patch. 

He opened the scroll and saw he had a message from uncle John. 

"I have what you ordered sport. All you have to do is come and pick it up. I'll be at my house later tonight. Just come by and we'll have dinner. Feel free to invite your young lady...mine will definitely be there."

Y/N chuckled. He closed the scroll and looked up at the shadow that had just come over him. Tai was standing over him with a smirk. Well a half smirk and a half grimace.

"Come on kid. We're not stopping until one of is on the ground. Leave the big sword. I wanna see what you can do with that two toned Aura. Your right hand doesn't seem to pack as much of a punch as your left. While it still is enough to honestly punch through most people, I have a feeling you're gonna need to be punching back above your weight class real soon. So come on kid. Show me what you've got."

Y/N stood up and nodded.

"Like I always used to say to Qrow...are you ready for this old man?"

Tai smirked. 

"Well you may be healed, but you're not back to full strength and I have decades of experience on you."

Now it was Y/N who had the smirk gracing his face. He ran his hands over the rough 5 o'clock shadow that now almost permanently covered his jaw. 

"I repeat...you ready old man?"

Tai chuckled and just raised his hands and backed up. As they moved out into the open ground around the house, Tai motioned with his hand to Y/N. For a few moments it was silent, the only sound you could hear was the sweat droplets dripping off of Y/N's bare chest onto the dirt. His scars were on full display and Tai was analyzing the weak points on his opponent. To be honest there weren't many. Tai had seen the footage of Y/N in the Vytal Festival and knew how fast he could move...and how hard he could hit. But after how long he'd been nailed to a wall, even someone of his caliber could lose a step. 

For a fraction of a moment Tai was distracted and Y/N saw that in his eyes. It was then that he absorbed Aura into his legs and explosively took off from his left foot. He almost instantly made contact with Tai, but his fist didn't strike as hard as he thought it should.

Tai however, was using every curse he knew in his head. This kid was no joke. Using everything he had, he barely blocked that punch and OHHHH BOY was that gonna hurt in the morning. 

Tai paused...who was he kidding, this hurt now! But still, Yang got her strength from Tai. He was no pushover. From there, he threw a punch at Y/N's face, but it was a red herring intended to make Y/N move and the force wasn't that much. What Tai didn't predict was Y/N to pull the same move he pulled against Cardin back at Beacon. 

Y/N tanked Tai's hit. That surprised Tai and threw the fight back into his rythm. He was sure to be feeling that in the morning, but he ignored it to take advantage of Tai's surprise. Tai's second strike hit air as Y/N leaned into Tai's first punch. This pushed Tai off his balance and allowed Y/N to punch Tai with his left hand. 

Now if his right hand hit with the force of a sledgehammer, his left hand hit with the force of a bullhead. Tai was thrown backward with a flickering Aura. Tai stood up almost immediately and came towards Y/N swinging. Having demonstrated his power, Y/N was now practicing his blocking and parrying. They went back and forth focusing on speed rather than force. Both of them could tell that Y/N's right arm and leg were blocking the punches and kicks slower than his his right arm and leg. However is wasn't as big a difference at Y/N feared it might be. Even with just his natural speed and strength, Y/N was formidable.