Photos and Menagerie

Yang clings onto Y/N like she's afraid he'll disappear if she looks away from him. As they exit the elevator of the Hospital, Y/N seems confused. Peeling her eyes off of him, Yang looks around to see the different nurses, doctors, and staff of the Hospital standing in the lobby. As Y/N stepped foot onto the tile of the lobby, the clapping began. 

Y/N seemed embarrassed. As they passed Mirajane, he tilted his head in confusion to her. She giggled at his confusion and pointed to the doctor who treated him. The doctor smiled at him. 

"Y/N Lennox, Titan of Beacon, did you think you could escape without our thanks?"

Y/N is a little embarrassed, but listens. 

"You saved so many people that day that we wanted to thank you in person. A lot of us owe you for saving a family member, but this is more of a Vale thank you than a personal one. Good luck for your future Titan."

The crowd which had gotten quiet enough to let Y/N hear the doctor speak, roared again. 

In the background as Y/N shook the doctor's hand, Mirajane could be seen looking at Y/N and Yang. She had stars in her eyes and she was chanting. 

"OTP! OTP! OTP!"

Yang giggled and waved at her from Y/N's back. Then after repeated waves and smiles, they escaped the lobby. 

After they were a safe distance away from the well-wishers, Y/N wiped his brow.

"Phew, that was more exhausting than battle!"

Yang just smirked and sighed. She laid her head against his shoulder. 

"Since your house is only a few blocks away I parked bumblebee there. I hope that's ok."

Y/N nodded his head.

"That's fine sunshine. I feel great and you can always crash at my house. I told you where the spare key was for a reason. You're always welcome."

As they walked in silence, they could both tell that this silence was less awkward and more enjoying each other's company. Yang took in the feel of Y/N's Aura and even though there was a small part of it she didn't recognize, it wasn't uncomfortable, just new. Y/N was doing something similar. He was basking in the sunlight that poured off of Yang. He could tell it was fragile right now, and vowed to help her back to herself again, but still. After 3 months in a dark and unwelcoming hole with torture every second and every breath, any trace of her smile, her Aura, her laugh, and her voice was enough for him. 

Before the two realized it, they stood in front of Y/N's house. They had been so busy enjoying the silence that they hadn't paid attention to their surroundings. Walking up to the steps, Y/N reached under the creaky floorboard where he had hidden it, and pulled out the key to his house. He took a deep breath and turned the key in the lock. 

Entering his own house was like entering a hug from family. For him, he felt safe here. Yang could feel the difference in his attitude by how his muscles relaxed unconsciously when he entered. She gently tapped his shoulder and slid off of him. 

"Take your time Titan. I can help, but if you need some time, I understand."

Y/N nodded to her with a soft smile. Then he proceeded to make a bee line for his room. Once he got in there he practically ran over to his desk. He almost panicked until he saw the three most important photos to him. One was his family photo from when he was a kid, one was of him and Qrow when they went on a mission together in Mistral. The final picture was taken at Ruby's birthday party. Y/N stood with Yang and Blake sitting on each arm with Ruby and Weiss on each of his shoulders. Tobias stood in front of Y/N with Lily on his shoulders and Sara in his arms. They all had smiles and Ruby had chocolate icing on her face.