Welcome to Haven

In an empty blackness, Qrow Branwen's voice can be heard.

"The City of Mistral…"

Nora's voice butts in, as a throwback to the initiation.

"Ugh! It's about time!"

Qrow and Team RNJR are walking through a stone brick tunnel illuminated by translucent lanterns.

Nora sarcastically points out the slight idiocy of the plan. 

"Whose idea was it to walk again?"

Ren glosses over his teammate's sarcasm.

"Well, we did face many obstacles. Broken airships, destroyed settlements…"

Jaune continues the sarcasm while commenting on the obstacles they had to overcome along the way.

"Oh, and, you know, all those people and monsters that tried to murder us." 

Ruby waves at her team.

"Pfft, we were fine."

She giggles, looking at Qrow with a smile.

"Only one of us almost died."

Qrow pauses, looking at Ruby, smiling back. 

"Hey."

Nora puts her hands on her hips and looks at Ren.

Ren is a tad bit insulted as he looks at Nora.

"Hey."

Nora giggles in response.

Jaune decided to be the basic route and be the child of the group.

"So, how much farther to Haven Academy?"

Qrow sighs, not looking back. Ruby was energetic, Yang was more distracting Ruby from that question, and Y/N? He would already know the answer. 

"Almost there. But I figured I'd take you kids on the scenic route."

The group approaches a pair of large, wooden double doors, which Qrow opens, flooding the tunnel with sunlight. Ruby runs out onto a massive platform that doubles as an elevator, stopping at the railing to gaze out over the city in wide-eyed awe.

Ruby can't help but let a sound of surprise.

"Wow!"

The others join her to take in the view of buildings and stone stairways perched on mountains.

Ruby eyes start to sparkle.

"This... is... awesome!"

Below them, large crowds of people are going about their day - walking around, talking and buying merchandise legally and illegally.

Qrow snorts at his niece's enthusiasm.

"It's certainly something."

Ruby's eyes are now full on sparkling with wonder as she notices a kiosk selling weapons.

"Oh my gosh, look at all the weapons!"

Qrow let's the kids in on a secret of the city.

"Vendors here'll sell you just about anything... whether they should or not."

Jaune is looking around the whole place in wonder.

"They really made the most out of these mountains."