Dance Dance Infiltration

The view is of random students schmoozing at the dance. Bartholomew Oobleck is shown to be listening intently as Peter Port laughs over some unheard anecdote. Ozpin is standing off to the side with Glynda Goodwitch until General James Ironwood offers his hand for her to dance with him. Jaune Arc approaches Ruby Rose and Lily Pines, who are standing pensively near the refreshments tables. Jaune speaks to Ruby and Lily awkwardly.

"I see you're hiding at the punch bowl too."

"Yep."

An audible *pop* can be heard as Ruby emphasizes the "p".

Jaune looks at the two of them.

"To the socially awkward."

Ruby giggles as Lily shakes her head smiling, and they clink glasses.

Ruby then sadly says to Jaune.

"Sorry things didn't work out with Weiss."

"Meh, it's fine. Neptune's pretty "cool". I get why she went with him."

"What do you mean?"

Jaune answers as both Ruby and Lily look at him a little confused 

"Well, come on, not many people can pull off blue hair."

Jaune begins to drink his punch.

Ruby replies.

"No, I mean, Weiss came to the dance alone."

Jaune chokes in surprise and turns to Ruby and Lily. 

"Uh, what?"

Weiss Schnee is shown trying desperately to coax life out of a wilting white rose. When she fails, she looks visibly upset.

Ruby answers.

"Yeah, she said that she had too much to focus on to worry about boys."

Laughter draws Weiss' attention to Sun Wukong, Blake Belladonna, and Neptune Vasilias as the latter entertains the others with some impressions and other silly faces. Jaune, shown to be observing as well, becomes visibly perturbed.

Jaune is now speaking in a low growl.

"Hold my punch."

Jaune hands Ruby his glass and no sooner than he vanishes from sight does she choose to drink from his cup. Lily shakes in disgust, but Ruby just shrugs. As Jaune makes his way across the room, shoving other students aside (some of which were not even in his path), he stops short and watches as Pyrrha Nikos passes by. He watches her walk glumly up the stairs and seems to have a change of heart.

The scene shifts to Pyrrha on a balcony as Jaune approaches behind her.

Jaune stops and calls out to her. 

"Hey, Pyrrha."

Pyrrha turns around to face him.

"Hello, Jaune."

Jaune approaches her and asks her softly. 

"You okay? I haven't seen you tonight."

Pyrrha turns back to the balcony.

"Arrived late, I'm afraid.*

"Well, you look really nice."

Pyrrha raises her hand near her mouth.

"Thank you."

Her hand falls away.

Jaune is nervously tipping on his toes.