Necessary Sacrifice

As the view fades in, it is morning in Menagerie. Blake Belladonna and Sun Wukong are on the steps of the Belladonna Family Home, both of them each holding a Scroll.

Blake nods to the banana brain.

"Okay. Are you ready?"

Sun snorts. His confidence returns and Blake shakes her head at his bluster.

"I beat up on giant monsters and robots more than once, I think I can handle getting a few signatures."

Blake gives a small smile at Sun. He may not be boyfriend material, but he's at least that mischievous little brother that gets you into all kinds of fun trouble. If he keeps his hands to himself that is.

Blake stands on a platform in front of a crowd of Faunus, holding her scroll up in front of her. She is passionately calling out for help.

"Your chieftain needs you! Your people need you! Please, join the fight and help us save Haven Academy!"

The Faunus just stare back at Blake.

Elsewhere, Sun tries to recruit a Faunus with ram horns.

Sun turns on his roguish charm.

"Are you kidding me? We'd love to have someone with your skills on our side!"

The Faunus nervously rubs the back of his head, before his mother calls out to him.

"Mata! Get back inside."

The ram Faunus z now known as Mata seems embarrassed.

"Mom!"

His mom isn't having any of her son's rebellious nature in this situation.

"You're not going anywhere!"

Sun sighs in disappointment.

Back to Blake, she holds out her scroll to two Faunus girls asking them to sign up, but the two leave.

Elsewhere, Sun hangs upside down by his tail from a tree, getting the attention of a couple of Faunus cutting logs and gathering wood. He gestures to his scroll, but the Faunus simply exchange confused looks with each other. Sun sighs until another Faunus tries to cut down the tree that Sun is hanging on.

At the docks, Blake converses with an aquatic Faunus as two more swim up to her. The Faunus Blake is conversing with leaves, and she turns to the two female aquatic Faunus that have just swam up, before they too swim away. Blake, unsatisfied with the lack of progress, walks up to a nearby fruit stand where Sun happens to be present at also. The two of them share disappointed glances.

After that, the two of them are sitting at a nearby table drinking from coconut cups.

Sun is pissed. He bares his teeth, slamming his cup down.

"I don't get it! How can they just sit around and do nothing with the White Fang getting ready to attack?!"

Blake patiently explains.

"Because not everyone is like you and me. The Faunus here in Menagerie - the ones that weren't born on the island - moved here because they were tired of fighting, of having to struggle constantly. Menagerie is filled with people that just want to be left alone…"

She scoffs at the absurdity of the thing they're asking people to do.

"...and here we are, asking them to put the rest of the world before themselves."

Sun scratches his head.

"I guess I never really thought about it like that."

Blake then highlights the other part of their Catch 22.