A Gift and an Explanation

Y/N was on Alpha again and it felt Glorious. What was even better? Yang was riding Bumblebee beside him with a wide, genuine smile. They had just got off of the bullhead from Patch to Vale and were heading to John's house for dinner and to pick up what John had so graciously obtained for him. John had come by a few days ago and Y/N had managed to give him something important and had requested some new clothes. Luckily John was able to get them quickly enough and that's what they were going to pick up tonight. 

A few minutes of riding later, they arrived at John Crater's house. It was similar to Y/N's house, but a tiny bit smaller. Y/N and Yang parked their bikes out front and walked up to the door. Y/N was about to knock, but heard something from inside that had him blushing. 

"Glynda! Put your shirt on! They'll be here any minute!"

Y/N turned to Yang and put a finger up to his lips. She raised an eyebrow at him but remained silent. 

"John, John, John. You have many things to learn about women, when you have them naked, you don't tell them to…"

That was it. Y/N couldn't listen anymore. He slapped his hands over his ears and motioned for Yang to knock on the door. Even through the hands he had collapsed over his ears he and Yang could both hear Glynda and John panicking.

"Oh shit!"

"I told you!"

After a few moments, John opened the door with a sheepish smile. He knew about Y/N's hearing. 

"You heard that?"

Y/N shivered.

"Wish I didn't John, wish I didn't."

With a half embarrassed smirk, John let them in. The inside was clean and tidy, but the couch showed a few wrinkles that Y/N didn't want to think about their origins of. So he went straight to the kitchen and saw a few shopping bags in front of the breakfast bar. Y/N looked at John for the confirmation and he nodded. 

"What you requested is in those bags. The boots are on the other side of the couch though. They're too big to just leave out in the open. We could fall into those and never climb out."

Y/N squinted at John as Yang giggled.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny Uncle John. Now... where's my cape. Were you able to…?"

John nodded. 

"The farthest bag from the door. And yes, they were able to do it quite nicely."

Y/N nodded with a smile and Yang looked between the two men with a raised eyebrow. Y/N ignored her for a minute to go grab the bag. He brought it back and motioned for her to sit with him on the love seat, bypassing the couch completely. She did and he opened the bag. He pulled out the black hooded cloak he had gotten from Qrow. To her, nothing was different, but to him, he could tell it was a tad bit shorter and the clip that held it together was new. He put it on, and Yang saw the previously utilitarian clip that held it together now had a decorated diamond shaped object affixed to it. On that object, five emblems were shown. All of Team RWBY's symbols surrounded Y/N's symbol, but a bit different. Instead of just a flaming sword, it was a flaming sword crossed over a bolt of purple lightning. Yang softly smiled. What Y/N pulled out of the bag next, well let's just say she didn't know what to say.

He pulled out a brown Leather Jacket that looked worn, but taken care of. It looked like her size, but what really caught her attention was the hood attached to it. It was black and of similar fabric to Y/N's cloak. It then hit her. It wasn't similar, it was a piece of his cloak itself. Before she could say anything, Y/N spoke first.