Two Steps Forward, Two Steps Back.

Yang Xiao Long lifts up her head, arms as the ready for a fight. Taiyang Xiao Long takes a swing at her with his left hand, but she easily blocks it with her reinforced new wrist, pushing his hand away from her. The interplay repeats with his right and her left, only this time Yang uses the momentum to turn and come back at her father with a roundhouse kick. Tai bends backwards to dodge it, his legs in a lunge. He gives his daughter a solid punch, pushing her back a few feet.

Nearby, Zwei watches the two spar, panting happily. Beside him is a low stool with two white towels. He is sitting in Y/N's lap as the Titan is busy fiddling with small bits of metal, completely focused on his task. Zwei's head changes angles, oscillating to the sounds of grunts and contact. Abruptly he holds his head straight and makes a noise of surprise.

Taiyang stands alone and moves forward, doing his own roundhouse kick. Yang joins both hands atop each other to block Tai's landing foot. With a loud cry, she pushes it up and back. Tai regains his footing in a flip while Yang waits for his landing. Using her now flaming arm, she knocks him back with a single hit.

Holding onto his right bicep, Tai slides through the dirt, his feet flat on the ground until he comes to a stop.

Tai shudders at the impact.

"Whoa, that thing packs a punch!"

Yang rolls her eyes.

"We've been at this for weeks. I get it, you wanna make sure I can still fight."

She shadow boxes a little, bumping her own fists.

"I think I'm doing just fine. Y/N agrees right?"

The two blondes look over at the Titan muttering to himself as he completely takes his project apart and starts again. Father and daughter sigh as one. Y/N is an odd one for sure.

Tai shakes his head and refocuses first.

"You're close."

He stands upright, no longer nursing his arm. Walking around his daughter in a circle, he assesses her progress.

Yang's eyebrow soars.

"Oh, really?"

Tai continues his speech.

"You're still off balance."

Yang looks surprised and shouts indignantly.

"What?! No I'm not!"

Tai chuckles.

Yang looks at the arm that was miraculously given to her by two Spectres of Aura that happened to pop out of her risen from the dead boyfriend.

"Honestly, I'm kind of surprised."

She lifts her new arm, looking down at it with a smile.

"I didn't know what to think at first...and this flaming arm thing is kinda intimidating, but it feels... natural. He...They did a great job with this thing, whoever they were."

Tai comes in from offscreen, delivering a left hook right into her face. Yang's upper body rears back both from impact and surprise. She's ready to block his right hook, however, and uses the turning momentum to deliver an elbow jab. Grinning the entire time, Tai blocks it and then dodges all the kicks she follows through with. Yang switches to punches, but Tai is too on point for her. While she uses her left hand to block an elbow thrust, Tai has grasped her flaming arm and pulled it forward. The position puts Yang in the position of having her balance rely on the weight of one leg.

Tai smirks.

"I wasn't talking about your actual balance."

He sweeps her forward leg, sending her onto the ground on her back. He leaves her there and walks over to Zwei and Y/N who absentmindedly tosses the top towel to him.