Alone Together

As the view fades in, it is early morning in Mistral. Ruby Rose is seen lying on the ground on the patio outside of the training room. She watches a group of four birds flying together, before one of them flies away from the group. As she watches it fly, Ruby sees Yang Xiao Long peek over her head.

Yang looks at her sister.

"You're up early."

Ruby smiles.

"Hey sis."

Yang smirks.

"Boop."

She lets her ponytail down and uses it to tickle her little sister's nose. Ruby giggles affectionately at her older sister's action. Ruby then sits up as Yang sits down next to her. Y/N comes and sits next to the two girls silently. When Yang hears his breathing, she turns to get a finger gently on the nose. Y/N chuckles.

"Boop to you too."

Ruby sighs.

"What are you two doing up?"

Yang groans and leans back and forth.

"Can't fall back to sleep."

Ruby nods.

"Ah, me neither."

Weiss appears out of nowhere. 

"Well, fortunately, coffee exists."

Weiss Schnee carries a tray with three cups of coffee and walks over to join her teammates and her brother. She lowers the tray down so Yang and Y/N can grab a cup.

Ruby flinches away.

"No, please!"

Weiss rolls her eyes. 

"Don't worry, I put in blasphemous amounts of cream and sugar, just for you."

She holds the cup out in front for Ruby.

Ruby pumps her fist as she reaches for it. 

"Oh yeah! Nice Weiss strikes again!"

Y/N chuckles, causing Weiss to glare at him.

Suddenly, Weiss pulls the cup away just as Ruby was about to grab it.

Weiss turns her glare on Ruby.

"I will pour this on you and it will burn."

She hands the cup to Ruby, who nervously giggles. Weiss sits down next to her teammates and grabs her cup of coffee after placing the tray down next to her. Y/N reaches over and pats her head. She glares at him, but relents quickly and leans into his petting. Soon Ruby and Yang look at him and he sighs. He hugs Yang and then pats her and Ruby. After a few minutes of this, they all calm down. 

Yang sighs happily.

"Can't believe we're actually in Mistral."

Ruby's foot is tapping, attracting the two pups who have just come running out of the practice room.

"That's what you can't believe?"

Yang nods and takes a sip of her drink before throwing her hand in the air.

"Well, yeah! And all the other magic and stuff. But... Okay, you know what I mean!"

Weiss sighed. 

"I honestly wasn't sure if I'd ever see you two again. And I was 100% sure I'd never see you again Y/N."

Yang looks at her teammates...no sisters, boyfriend, new arm, and puppies. With a smug face, she raises her cup.