Girlfriend | George Weasley

Requested: by StarlightInHerEyes

Warnings: it's kind of all over the place

Special Details: Takes place in Harry's fourth year (your sixth)

.....

"What shoes are you two planning on wearing?" Hermione asked Y/n and Ginny. The three girls were getting ready for the Yule Ball together. They all had dates, Y/n was going with George, her boyfriend, Ginny was going with Neville, and Hermione was going with Viktor Krum.

"I'm wearing these." Y/n said, holding up a pair of muggle converse. Being a muggle-born witch had its disadvantages, but it definitely had its advantages.

"That's a great idea! I wish I thought of that. I'm stuck with these." Ginny said, slipping on a pair of heels.

"I think I'm ready." Ginny said, standing up.

"Me too." Y/n said, tying her shoe.

"You two go on without me. I'll be there in a sec."

"Are you sure?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

Y/n and Ginny walked down toward the Great Hall. The two had become quite close in the time that Y/n and George had been dating.

As they began walking down the steps to the door, they saw the twins talking to Neville, who looked scared out of his mind. The girls looked at each other, rolling their eyes. Ginny let out a small cough, catching the boys' attention.

While Y/n walked down the stairs, she lifted up her dress a little so that she didn't trip. This meant that George could see her shoes. He chuckled, expecting nothing less from his girlfriend.

"Nice shoes." He said, taking her arm as she reached the last step.

"Thanks," she laughed.

.....

Y/n and George danced together for a while before sitting down to eat. Ginny and Neville joined them soon after.

"I'll be right back." Y/n said, standing up. She walked over to Dumbledore, who was taking requests for songs.

"Are muggle songs alright?" She asked the headmaster.

"Sure." He said, smiling at the girl.

.....

After requesting her song, Y/n went back to sit down. A few songs played and the group talked and laughed together.

Y/n heard the first split second of the song she had requested and her eyes jumped to Ginny, who had the same look in her eyes. The two had jammed out to this song together a few times that summer. The girls jumped up and ran toward the dance floor.

Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend
No way, no way, I think you need a new one
Hey, hey, you, you, I could be your girlfriend
Hey, hey, you, you, I know that you like me
No way, no way, you know it's not a secret
Hey, hey, you, you, I want to be your girlfriend

George laughed at the sight of his girlfriend and sister dancing together and yelling the lyrics. Hermione joined the girls quickly and jammed out with them.

Many other muggle-born and half-blood girls joined them, causing all of the pure-bloods to be confused.

As the second verse began to play, Y/n danced over to George, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the group.

I can see the way, I see the way you look at me
And even when you look away, I know you think of me
I know you talk about me all the time again and again
(Again, again, again)
So come over here and tell me what I wanna hear
(So come over here)
Better yet, make your girlfriend disappear
I don't wanna hear you say her name ever again
(And again, and again, and again)

As the couple reached the dance floor, George spun Y/n around, both of them laughing.

"You don't like my girlfriend, huh?" George asked, raising his eyebrow at her.

"Eh, she's okay." Y/n joked.

"She's more than okay. She's amazing." George said.

.....

The next song was a slow song and George pulled Y/n into his chest, Y/n putting her arms around his neck.

"I love you." She mumbled.

"I love you too." He said.

.....

Five years later, the couple had a similar experience. This time, however, Y/n was wearing a white dress and had a new last name.

Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend
No way, no way, I think you need a new one
Hey, hey, you, you, I could be your girlfriend
Hey, hey, you, you, I know that you like me
No way, no way, you know it's not a secret
Hey, hey, you, you, I want to be your girlfriend

Y/n danced with her, now sisters-in-law, as their husbands laughed before joining them.

"You still don't like my girlfriend?" George asked Y/n.

"You don't have a girlfriend anymore." Y/n smirked.

"Really? Well what happened to her?" George joked.

"She married you." Y/n smiled.

"Why would she do that?" George asked.

"Beats me, she's probably lost her mind," Y/n joked before kissing her husband.