Middle Name | Peter Pevensie

Requested by: Andy_Lynn224
Warnings: some cursing
Special Details: takes place during prince Caspian; I made up Peter's middle name because it's never mentioned in the books or movies

.....

"Peter whatever-your-middle-name-is Pevensie," Y/n stormed over to her bruised best friend, "what they hell were you thinking?"

She paused to let him speak but he kept quiet.

"Thankfully Edmund stepped in or I don't know what would have happened."

"I had it sorted," he defended, finally looking up from the ground.

"Had it sorted my ass," she scoffed, "it's alright to need help sometimes, Peter, you can't do everything on your own all the time."

Y/n walked over to where the rest of the Pevensies were sitting on a bench.

"Y/n, wait," Peter called after her, but she ignored him. She sat in between Susan and Lucy so that he couldn't sit next to her. He sighed, sitting in between Lucy and Edmund.

"Ow! Something pinched me!" Lucy exclaimed.

"Lucy, no one pinched you," Susan said quietly as to not make a scene.

"Hey!" Peter stood up, looking at Edmund.

"I didn't touch you," Edmund defended himself.

In a matter of moments, everyone was standing.

"Hold hands!" Peter said. Lucy immediately grabbed Y/n's hand, and Y/n grabbed Susan's hand while Edmund objected.

"I'm not holding your hand," he said to Peter. Peter rolled his eyes and grabbed Edmund's wrist.

There was a rush of wind and flashing lights as everything seemed to whirl around them.

Suddenly, they were on a beach.

"What the hell just happened?" Y/n asked, in a mix of terror, worry, and confusion.

Lucy had mischievous look in her eyes as everyone else simply smiled.

"Narnia," Lucy said. Of course, they had spoken about Narnia around Y/n before, but she had always assumed it was a game they played or something of the sort.

"What?" She asked.

"What, Y/n, you've never been to a magical kingdom before?" Peter teased with a smile, their last argument long forgotten.

"Last one to the water is a rotten egg!" Lucy exclaimed.

---

"Be safe Ed," Y/n called out to Edmund as he left to have a meeting with King Miraz. She turned to go back inside the fortress, but was met with Peter.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked with a worried look.

"Sure, what's up?" She asked. Peter led her away from the fortress (where he was sure no one would hear their conversation).

"Um, well, you see..." He trailed off. She waited patiently as he found the right words.

"There's a pretty good chance Miraz accepts the offer, right?"

"I mean, yeah. Why, what's wrong?" She was concerned.

"I mean he's a pretty skilled swordsman and I might not make it out and I guess what I mean to say is I'm pretty sure I'm in love with you." He rambled.

"What?" She asked, shocked. She had definitely not expected him to say that, but that didn't mean she was against it.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I'll just go," Peter turned.

"No, wait," she grabbed his shoulder, turning him around.

"No, I shouldn't have said anything and now our friendship is going to be awkward and I-"

"Shut up," she said, smashing her lips on his. He stood stunned for a second before realizing what was happening and kissing back.

"It's James by the way," he said with a cheeky smile once they had pulled apart.

"Sorry?" She was extremely confused.

"My middle name," he said.

"God, you're such a dork," she laughed before kissing him again.

.....

I hope you enjoyed!

If you didn't see my last author's note please read it!