Modern!Band AU|Remus Lupin (pt. 1)

The Maurauders didn't have many fans, but the few they had were diehard fans. The band consisted of four members: James Potter (lead guitar), Sirius Black (bass), Remus Lupin (piano), and Peter Pettigrew (drums). James and Sirius sang while Remus wrote most of the lyrics. Peter didn't really do anything but drums. He was also part of a band called The Death Eaters, so he didn't have much time for anything else. Most of the fans didn't really consider him part of the band, and he was okay with that.

I know, I know, you're probably wondering, 'Why are you talking about them in the past tense?'

Well, they aren't really a band anymore. They're still great friends, but I guess they just decided they were too old. How do I know all of this? As a matter of fact, I was a huge fan, once upon a time.

Let me take you back to about May of 2019...

Y/n L/n was on vacation in New York City. It just happened to be the time that the Marauders would be there on their summer tour. She was with an old friend, but she had to meet her at a small coffee shop.

Y/n is from England (so are the Marauders), her friend from New York, so they had been planning this trip for ages and Y/n didn't want to ditch her friend in order to go the the concert.

Y/n was still wearing her merch just in case she saw them. She had chosen a "Lupin" jacket (a bomber jacket that says lupin on it, you can imagine the rest), seeing as he was her favorite member and it was supposed to be chilly. On her walk there, she dazed off thinking of all the possible scenarios in which she would meet them, when suddenly she felt two arms wrap around her.

She froze.

Y/n had no idea what to do, so she panicked, and elbowed the figure behind her in the jaw. They let go of her and groaned. She turned around and was met face to face with none other than the Maurauders.

Remus was holding his jaw, while the other were laughing si hard their stomachs hurt. Y/n, however, was standing in shock, her jaw dropped, staring at the band.

"W-what just happened?" She asked, bewhildered.

Sirius, still laughing, managed to calm himself down for long enough to say, "Well, we dared each other to hug everyone we saw wearing our merch, and so Remus went to hug you, and, well, you know the rest."

"I'm so sorry. I really didn't mean to hurt you, I just, well, it's my first time in New York City, and I'm alone, and I panicked. I'm really sorry.

"Its fine, really, it was stupid on my part." Remus replied, "are you uh, coming to the show?"

"No, I'm here to visit a friend. I don't see her very often, and we have been planning this trip for forever. I didn't want to cancel on her. Where are you guys off to?"

"We're trying to find a nice quiet coffee shop." James responded, "I know this is your first time here, but do you know of any?"

"I might, just a second," she said, pulling out her phone.

"Alright, follow me

"Alright, follow me." Y/n said, grinning.

"How about we ask eachother some questions while we walk?" James suggested. Everyone agreed, so he started, "What's your name?"

"Y/n. Sirius, what's your favorite color?"

"Black. Y/n, do you ship 'Jily'?"

"One thousand percent... Where is Lily anyway?" Y/n asked no one in particular.

"She is meeting with some family. She'll be at the concert though." James replied.

"So, Y/n, what are you going to be doing for the rest of the day?" Remus asked.

"I don't really know. My friend said that she would plan it all out because she lives here. Here we are." Y/n said, gesturing to the small cafe.

The group walked in and was immediately met with a shriek of the name "Y/n" and a girl running towards them. This brought multiple glares in their direction from the people who were enjoying the quiet.

A few minutes later, after everyone had ordered their drinks and sat down, Y/n started to introduce everyone.

"This is Y/f/n, Y/f/n this is-" but she was cut off.

"I know who they are. Y/n I have a surprise for you. I was going to wait until we got back to the flay, but, considering the circumstances, I don't think it can wait." Y/f/n said, pushing a small bag towards her friend. Y/n gave her a confused look before starting to open the bag. Inside the bag was a slip of paper. Y/n read it slowly in her head.

"No," Y/n said, shocked. She looked up at Y/f/n. Y/f/n nodded.

"What is it?" Remus asked.

"She got us both backstage passes to your show!" Y/n said, her eyes watering at the thought.

James' phone dinged. "Well, we have to go, but this isn't the last you've seen of us."

There was a round of good-byes. Remus and Y/n's, however, took a little longer than the others.

"It was really nice meeting you," he said, hugging her tightly.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I punched you in the jaw."

"Don't sweat it. I shouldn't have snuck up on you." He said, laughing.

"Remus, let's go." James said.

"Coming!" He called, "bye," he said turning back to Y/n.

"Bye."