Chapter 68

"Son? What do you mean, he's my son?" Jungkook asked fervently, trying to keep the shake out of his voice and almost losing the grip on the child's body.

Jimin was speechless, unable to speak the coherent words he had in mind.

Jungkook put down the boy and he run towards Chaeyoung, lifting his arms and telling her to carry him.

"His name is Minguk, he's 3 years old, someone left him in front of the house earlier and he was crying. We were asking him if he know her mother's name but he doesn't. He just know his name and we received a letter saying that he's your son." Yoongi explained, sitting down on the chair near Jimin.

"W-Where's the letter? I mean, wait—are you guys sure that this wasn't just a modus operandi? You know, there are people who use children like him in the sindicate." Jungkook was panicking. He was pacing back and forth like he don't even know what he's going to do. "Why don't we just go for a DNA test to make sure that he's my son? He just suddenly popped out of nowhere."

Jimin scoffed, looking blankly at Jungkook.

"I'm sure you had an ex-girlfriend for the past four years, Jungkook. Why don't you think about it carefully? Maybe it's Ji Eun." Jimin suggested in his coldest voice. "No wonder that child looks exactly like you, no need for a DNA test."

"What? Babe no, listen. I had an ex-girlfriend for the past years, yes. With Ji Eun, we had sex—but I always use protection so there's no way, that child, is mine." Jungkook defended wholeheartedly but Jimin laughed bitterly.

"Except for Ji Eun, do you still had an ex-girlfriend before her?" Chaeyoung who was just listening earlier, butted in. "If you had, then maybe she's the mother."

"What the fuck? I swear, I always used protection so there's no way that I got someone pregnant!" Jungkook growled, standing in front of Jimin and holding his hands. "Babe, let me explain first. I don't know who that child is, I swear, let's do a DNA test first before I claim him."

While everyone was going crazy about the news specially Jungkook and Jimin, they heard sobs coming from Minguk. His lips curving downwards, eyes were getting watery while sucking his fingers.

"Daddy~" He cried in Chaeyoung's shoulder and pointed at Jungkook. "My daddy~"

"Oh my god." Yoongi dramatically covered his mouth like those in tv dramas where family members finally reunited with each other.

Jungkook froze in his position while processing everything in his mind—which is clearly not going to happen as of the moment, specially when Jimin's looking like he won't give him another chance again from what he did this time.

"You've gotta be kidding me." Jungkook muttered, pulling his hair in frustration.

"Maybe that's the real struggle when you have too many woman in your life. You don't even know who's the one you got pregnant and the mother of your child." Jimin snapped out, snickering and lowering his head.

"Jimin, look. Yes, I don't know who's the mother and obviously, she doesn't want me nor my money, maybe she just doesn't want to raise this child so she gave him to me." Jungkook pleaded and in the verge of crying. "Please tell me that you're not going to leave me again because of this."

"Jungkook that's not the issue here. Whether you know who the mother is or not, you still have to take responsibility of your own child for pete's sake!" Jimin's words and voice have weight.

Yoongi and Namjoon were just looking at each other like they were trying to communicate in silence. Joon looked like he was going to say something but he couldn't meddle in because the situation is getting worse.