Chapter 36

Tears started to form into his eyes before he shut the door close behind him

Tears started to form into his eyes before he shut the door close behind him. He heard Jungkook calling him but he didn't bother to look back.

Jimin quickly strode past by every cubicles, lowering his head and covering his face using his hand. He doesn't want anyone to know that he's crying but few of his co-workers noticed it. He looked again at his back to see any sign of Jungkook following him but there's none.

When he rode the elevator going down to the parking lot, he restrained himself from sobbing but it was impossible not to notice that he was crying. His puffy eyes were obviously red.

That moment he didn't know where his feet would take him, he came back to his senses and suddenly realized that he didn't bring his car with him.

Without looking ahead on his way because his mind was still occupied by the thought of what happened and what his eyes witnessed inside the office, he suddenly came back to the reality when his forehead bumped into someone's chest, causing the both of them to stop.

Jimin lifted his head to see who it was. Eyes opening wide when he saw the familiar face.

"T-Taehyung?" His voice cracked a bit but he cleared his throat, still trying to look okay despite of feeling hurt on the inside. "I'm sorry I didn't see you."

The taller guy smiled and playfully tilted his head, bending down his knees a bit to see Jimin's face but he hid it by looking to his side. He narrowed his eyes before nodding slowly like he understand what happened.

Employees inside the company may not notice him crying but he failed to hide it from the man in front of him. A nosy man, correction.

"Hey." Taehyung's warm hand caught him off guard as it wrapped around his wrists but Jimin didn't speak. He gently pulled him side to side before leaning in with his eyes filled with worries. "Are you alright? Why don't you speak? Are you sick or what?"

Jimin pulled his hand back. "I'm fine." He said, not wanting to worry him. "Sorry I have to go now." He added and made his way to the exit.

Taehyung's lips turned into a thin line while watching Jimin walked away. He's not entirely convinced but he let him leave nonetheless. His brows knitted, wondering why he was heading to the exit of the parking lot when he needs to be inside the office, he should be working...

He blinked once more. That moment he knew something was off.

Taehyung only decided to follow when Jimin disappeared from his sight. He looked around to see the guy and he quickly ran towards his direction when he saw him standing near the bus stop post, waiting for the bus to arrive.

Taehyung wiped the beads of sweat in his forehead before resting his hands on his hips, catching his breath.

"I think you should be working at this hour..." Taehyung said, standing right beside Jimin but not even bothering to look at him. "You're not supposed to be here."