Chapter 52

Jimin

"T-Taehyung? What are you doing here?" I asked him while he was standing in front of me, his arms holding onto the door frame.

"Aw, don't you know how to show hostility to your visitor? You're not like this to me before. I'm hurt." He placed a hand over his heart, feigning hurt.

"Taehyung you're not supposed to be here!" I exclaimed, snatching out a look behind. He took a step closer to me. His expression darkened and a smirk growing on his lips.

"I'm not supposed to be here? Why?" He asked, turning his head to the black car parked in front of the house. "Ah, he's here, that's why."

"Taehyung, just—just go."

"Why don't you answer me—"

"Why would I answer you?"

He took a deep breath and sighed, allowing me to smell the alcohol. He's drunk.

After the party, he kept calling me. Even after we went to the supermarket, he said he want to meet me but I didn't answer even  one of his calls or messages.

"That fucker is so shameless." He said. "Tell me, did you two get back together? You haven't learned your lesson yet Jimin? He lied to you, he cheated on you, come on I know you're better than this."

I closed my fist before glaring at him. I'm not liking the way he speaks. It feels like he's telling me that I'm still being stupid over Jungkook.

"He's here because he just help us out with something. It's none of your business." I replied, getting irritated because he's crossing the line. "You know what Taehyung just go home, I don't have anything to explain to you."

I looked back at the bathroom to see if Jungkook's done. I have to make sure that Taehyung will leave before he sees him. This is another trouble, I know. They're not in good terms and if they see each other now, they will surely kill each other.

For a while, he was staring at me deadpanned, but his eyes crawling down on my neck in which I consciously touched.

"I marked you there that night." He whispered and pointed at my neck. "But it's too obvious that you hate me and you hate what happened that night. You literally covered the kiss mark so that he won't see it." He sneered, jaw clenching and composing himself by standing straight but it was still too obvious that he's drunk.

"I'm not yours to mark me in the first place. How many times do I have to tell you that it was just a mistake?"

"It's a mistake for you but I considered it special. You don't know how fucking long did I wait to be able to kiss and hug you like that." He slowly mumbled before taking my hand on my side. "Why can't you just choose me instead, huh? What did you see in Jungkook that I don't have? Tell me?"

"Nothing, because you're different and he's different. Stop making the situation as a competition!"

I pulled my hand back and I saw how sad his eyes were when I did that.

"Competition? Yes, but you know what? The competition between me and Jungkook haven't started yet, I already knew that I lost." Misery clouded his features more. "All this time, I just watched you in Jungkook's arms, I watched how he kiss you, hug you, tease you — I was there, smiling. I was smiling as if I'm happy but deep inside, it kills me."

"You're drunk Taehyung, just go home. Please, I don't want any trouble again. Don't make me call for the security guards of this subdivision to get you here. I'm warning you."

The only response he gave was a smile, but it was a lame one. His hand fisted on the side and it looked like he's going to cry anytime.

"Jimin...I'm sorry." He softly said, trying to hug me but I pushed him away. He was surprised when I did that. I was surprised to myself too.