Chapter 40

double update bc y not

~

"Are you sure about this?"

Taehyung asked Jimin who's already in his formal attire, fixing his tie in front of a mirror.

He took Jimin home yesterday and now he's fetching the guy to take him for work.

Jimin actually refused but Taehyung was too persistent so in the end, he just let him.

"I need to work Taehyung. If he talk to me and explain his side, then I'll let him but I think things between us is going to be awkward."

Taehyung was sitting comfortably on the couch while Chaeyoung was busy preparing a coffee in the kitchen. She's already late for the first subject, might as well take her time at home since it will be useless if she will attend the first subject. Their professor don't accept late comers in class.

"Here's your coffee...S-Sir." Chaeyoung stuttered, putting down the coffee on the top of the table. Taehyung just flashed a smile to her because he doesn't like the treatment she was giving. 

"Just call me Taehyung, it sounds weird calling me Sir inside your house." He chuckled.

"Okay." She answered.

Taehyung nodded and lifted the cup for a taste. He blew it a little before taking a sip.

Chaeyoung was still standing beside him and it seems like she still have something to say.

"Uh..." Chaeyoung trailed. "Could you please take Jimin to work? I was about to ask him if I can use his car later, maybe you could just give him a ride."

Taehyung lifted his face and glance at Chaeyoung. "Really? I'd love to." He smiled, the corner of his eyes crinkled.

The girl just shrugged and hurriedly leave her boss for a while.

After finishing his coffee, Tae waited for Jimin and Chaeyoung who were talking about something at the kitchen, he can hear their voices but he doesn't know what is it about. He just wander his eyes around the house. He didn't see any family pictures hanged or displayed, mostly, it's Jimin and Chaeyoung only. They don't have any pictures with their parents.

"Let's go."

Taehyung slowly stood up but his eyes were still scanning around the house. Jimin went outside first and then he followed.

He was whistling while walking towards the driver's seat but Jimin's face was indescribable. He doesn't have any expression, only showing the straight face he has ever since Taehyung took him home yesterday.

The whole ride was like a silent praying session. None of them speak. Even when the car stops as soon as the red light turns, the only thing they can hear was the sound of the engine.