Chapter 10

It was a special non-working holiday so Jimin stayed at their house that morning waiting for Chaeyoung to finish her shift.

She was pissed at him because he promised that he'll be the one to drive for him at the bar so she waited for him but he didn't come.

Jimin was sitting pretty at the couch watching Spongebob episodes while eating popcorn. It seems childish to others but this became part of his childhood so he doesn't care. He still enjoys it tho.

He felt sleepy and his eyes were partly closed but he was still munching his popcorn. His drowsiness faded when he heard voices snickering quietly outside and when the door opened, he couldn't  take his eyes off to the two who were standing at the door, also shocked just like he was.

Chaeyoung's with a guy.

Jimin stood up and put the popcorn on the table before walking towards them.

Before he could say anything, Chaeyoung took her moment to speak first.

"It's not what you think okay? He's my thesis partner," She explained but Jimin seems unconvinced.

Jimin tilted his head when his sister spontaneously defended herself.

"Really? Thesis partner?" He replied to her but his eyes were on the guy beside her.

"Ah. Hello, good morning. I'm Sehun, your sister's friend," He extended his right hand with his left one under it for support and also sign of respect.

"Am I talking to you?" He grimly questioned Sehun which made him bowed his head from embarrassment when he tried to introduce himself.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and dragged his brother away from Sehun.

"That was rude! He's really my thesis partner and if you don't believe me, you can check our class' group chat," She explained and acted like she was about to hand him her phone.

"I don't trust that look," Jimin told her and pointed to Sehun who looked away from them pretending that he didn't heard them talking.

"Gosh, you judged him already just by looking at him?" She paced back and forth and massaged her temples. "He's my classmate, alright?"

"I'm telling you Park Chaeyoung, no boyfriend until you graduate," He warned her.

Jimin had never dated someone back then because he's too focused on his studies and earning money for their living, he didn't have much time to spare for himself.

"Look. I know you're just being protective but I'm telling you the truth, he's not my boyfriend. And just because I came here with a guy doesn't mean that he's my boyfriend or there's something going on between us. Stop being such malicious guy,"

Chaeyoung walked away from him and went upstairs with Sehun.

He's just being protective to his sister since they grew up together without someone to look after them ever since his father left them and when their mother died. She can't blame him for being like that, although he's only a year older than her, he's still his brother and that's his job to protect her but sometimes, he's being out of bounds. He should still understand that Chaeyoung knows her priority.

2 hours passed but the two were still at Chaeyoung's room. Jimin being paranoid as he is, think of an excuse to check them upstairs.

"Chaeng, open the door. I brought some snacks,"

Jimin shouted and when his sister didn't answer him back, he leaned on the door and put his ears supported by his hand, trying to listen to what they were doing inside. He twisted the know but it was locked.